Salalah (Unisex Version)
by Amouage

Salalah (Unisex Version) information

About Salalah (Unisex Version)

Salalah (Unisex Version) is a shared / unisex perfume by Amouage.

Reviews of Salalah (Unisex Version)

There is one review of Salalah (Unisex Version).
Perfumey. Not so much in the big-hair-look-at-me style of the '80s but more in the way the perfume notes are knitted so well together in a tight cohesive composition that individual note identification only happens at a bull's rear end.

On my skin, SALALAH gently blossoms with a bouquet of florals (jasmine? Ta'If rose?) nestling against a backdrop of frankincense and other balsamic resins, apparently indigenous to the region. Not particularly complex or deeply evolving if you ask me. Official notes include frankincense, myrrh, jawi (no idea what this is) and ambergris.

Tenacity is unfortunately somewhat lackluster as far as Amouages go though its projection is well within my modest requirements. What keeps the interest going for me is the seemingly constant tension between the lush floral element and the quieter more meditative aspect of the resins.

Overall it's an easy fragrance to wear though it leans a little closer towards the feminine/floral side of the divide. I felt the frankincense could do with a little more heft and there were times when I wish it'd just kick me full in the chest a la King Leonidas in 300, with a mighty roar: "This is SALALAH!!"
27th January, 2016

Add your review of Salalah (Unisex Version)

Shop for Salalah (Unisex Version) products online

Search Amazon for Salalah (Unisex Version)

Member images of Salalah (Unisex Version)

There are no member images of Salalah (Unisex Version) yet. Why not be the first?