Interlude Man (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseAmouage
PerfumerPierre Negrin

About Interlude Man

Interlude Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

Interlude Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Interlude Man

First review.

Felt the need to review this as I have never smelled anything like it.

Had a tester, sprayed it, and though that it was the worst scent I have ever smelled. Couldn't put my finger on the smell, but thanks to a couple of other reviewers, I now know that it's turmeric.

It honesty smells like someone was walking along with a big bag of turmeric and tripped over onto a big bonfire.

I know it's subjective, but this is horrible. Get a tester first.
17th September, 2016
I get exactly the same Turmeric vibe from this as the reviewer CAKE-LOVE gets.

The opening is kind of sweet & i like it for the 1st hour after spraying. But after the 1st hour all i get is Turmeric.

This is the only fragrance that has made me to scrub off.

Projection: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10

27th August, 2016
Fascinating - all I get from this is the exact same sensation I get from sticking my nose in a bag of turmeric.
20th July, 2016
Even more louder and brasher version of Ambre Sultan. Amber-Myrrh-Oregano structure is exactly the same, but there is something crude and off about this. Even if it would were to be less crude, there's no way to justify the price when I already have the incredibly refined Ambre Sultan at half price (or even quarter, if you like the gray market stock. I don't, personally).
10th April, 2016
I don't mind a little smoke but this one is just too much. Throw in that odd oregano note that can just dominate this scent and you get something that struggles finding an occasion or mood to wear with. Strongly advise against blind buying, thankfully I got a sample. Wife said I smelled like a campfire all day, so if that's your thing, go for it.
27th March, 2016
Interlude has great ingredient, great idea and great projection and longevity.
If only someone had stopped and taken a deep breath before going overboard with spices.
The idea is sound, but the execution is where they fell short.
Incense, leather and spices are great but they need to be balanced out. Otherwise you end up with a dry perfume that reminds you of a summer day in desert, or in this case an oven.
A good desert perfume has a promise of cool evening or rain, Interlude has no reprieve.
Sample it please so that you know how bleak can one get with fragrances, but please don't buy it (unless you are in that sort of mood)

07th March, 2016