Interlude Man (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseAmouage
PerfumerPierre Negrin

About Interlude Man

Interlude Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

Interlude Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Interlude Man

Even more louder and brasher version of Ambre Sultan. Amber-Myrrh-Oregano structure is exactly the same, but there is something crude and off about this. Even if it would were to be less crude, there's no way to justify the price when I already have the incredibly refined Ambre Sultan at half price (or even quarter, if you like the gray market stock. I don't, personally).
10th April, 2016
I don't mind a little smoke but this one is just too much. Throw in that odd oregano note that can just dominate this scent and you get something that struggles finding an occasion or mood to wear with. Strongly advise against blind buying, thankfully I got a sample. Wife said I smelled like a campfire all day, so if that's your thing, go for it.
27th March, 2016
Interlude has great ingredient, great idea and great projection and longevity.
If only someone had stopped and taken a deep breath before going overboard with spices.
The idea is sound, but the execution is where they fell short.
Incense, leather and spices are great but they need to be balanced out. Otherwise you end up with a dry perfume that reminds you of a summer day in desert, or in this case an oven.
A good desert perfume has a promise of cool evening or rain, Interlude has no reprieve.
Sample it please so that you know how bleak can one get with fragrances, but please don't buy it (unless you are in that sort of mood)

07th March, 2016
Interlude Man is a beautiful incense, myrrh, amber, oregano fragrance. As a matter of fact, that is all I smell, incense, myrrh, amber and oregano. I love it! It is very smoky/leather, soothing and calming. I don't smell any citrus here. It is very bold and lasts a very long time on me. 7-8 hours. Magnificent creation by Amouage
04th March, 2016
Finally got around to trying my sample of Interlude Man. I liked the opening more than both Memoir Man and Lyric Man, the other two Amouage fragrances I've tried. As Interlude Man began to dry down however, it began to smell very much like Memoir Man to me. I pick up a musty kitchen cupboard spice smell from the Amouage scents that I'm not educated enough to identify...could it be oregano? I don't know, but it's not a smell that I like to wear. My pizza can smell like oregano, but not me. I'll wear this one some more to see if it grows on me. I really did appreciate it in the beginning, it just became more challenging in the dry down.
02nd March, 2016
Dusty leathery incense. Big projection. Big sillage. Long lasting. Nice! 4+/5.
27th February, 2016