Interlude Man (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseAmouage
PerfumerPierre Negrin

About Interlude Man

Interlude Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Negrin

Interlude Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Interlude Man

Although they have different notes, it reminds me of A*Man, one of my least favourite fragrances. Not for me.
02nd October, 2017
Strong, middle eastern promise!! Personally I love it but will not be for everyone. Not a crowd pleaser. Beast mode!!
28th September, 2017 (last edited: 29th September, 2017)
I am no expert at writing reviews on cologne. As I'm sure many of you are, but this is my honest review.

This juice is amazing. I am still getting whiffs throughout the day of this, and people at work are asking me about it. (In a positive way).
Here is my simplistic explanation of Interlude Man. It starts off very sweet, like candy, you just want to eat it, and soon afterwards, (about an hour or 2), It dries into a Beautiful smoke/incense smell. Very masculine and safe to wear at work. It lasts a good 5-6 hours with good projection.
I can't see any designer pulling this off, but maybe I'm wrong.
Worth the $$.
30th June, 2017
Such a powerful, masculine scent with exemplary performance, sillage and longevity. Amouage 'Interlude' is easily one of, if not the most dominating fragrances I have ever encountered.

The smell reminds me of Antonio Puig's 'Quorum', a powerhouse with superb strength in its own right. Tobacco, greens, incense, patchouli, leather. 'Interlude' adds cumin, allspice, oud and woods to this mix, plus nuclear projection and sillage.

The initial blast is bergamot and spices, incense and a hint of amber. Its very strong, projects a good five feet out and lingers everywhere. The middle notes of incense and some patchouli come out slowly over the next few hours and settle in beautifully. It almost has a marijuana note at some points, which depending on your tastes, smells great or is too herbal, ethnic and off-putting.

The base of tobacco, leather, greens and oud are present throughout, but really begin to shine about four hours in. This is where the fragrance really becomes a masterpiece, with uncompromising masculinity and smokiness carrying on for what seems an eternity. A classy, deep, dark and mysterious smell, akin to upscale Middle Eastern boutiques in someplace like Dubai or Istanbul.

Longevity with just six sprays (neck, shoulders, and wrists) was 16-20+ hours, with massive projection and sillage all the way through. My girlfriend asked if I just sprayed some cologne on when I walked in the door coming home from work. I was shocked, because I sprayed this stuff on 14 hours ago that morning and it still smelled fresh to her! And it keep projecting all night long. You literally have to wash this off to get it off you. It 'becomes' you.

I find it to be funny when people say only 'one or two' sprays, then complain about the performance or lack of compliments from fragrances. With 'Interlude', you really could only use two sprays for a date night, group setting or professional engagement and be good for six to eight hours. This stuff lasts for several weeks, if not months on clothes and fabrics.

I can definitely highly recommend this to powerhouse fragrance lovers or anyone seeking pure manliness in a bottle. The price is well worth the performance and longevity you get, as one large 100ml bottle of this should last you several years.
17th June, 2017 (last edited: 18th July, 2017)
Initial thoughts on this juice... Incensy, Loud, Forest like, Sweet, Dark... then... wait I have smelled something like this before. Interlude man does start off amazing... incensy and very bright... As it dries I find that it becomes very familiar. I hunt through my samples and find that I do have something similar... If you layer Ore from Slumberhouse with L'Air du Desert Marocain from Tauer you get very close to Interlude man (at least the 30 minute mark of Interlude Man). When I got those samples I sprayed them both on the same arm by mistake... I would say that if you are in the market for an incensy juice this is amazing but I would TRY BEFORE YOU BUY because this might not be everyone's cup of tea. I will have to save the rest of my sample for the winter to fully enjoy this amazing juice. Enjoy!
31st May, 2017
Unique fragrance - very spicy and not to everybody's taste. Initially I didn't like the turmeric note, but it softens during the dry down. Not one of my favourites, but high quality nonetheless. Longevity and projection are excellent for this oriental middle-Eastern masterpiece.
22nd April, 2017 (last edited: 06th May, 2017)

Add your review of Interlude Man