Coco Noir (2012)

Coco Noir Fragrance Notes

Coco Noir information

Coco Noir is a women's fragrance by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Coco Noir

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

rbaker's avatar

Beside the citrus and jasmine-rose floral notes I get an early patchouli that is very nice on my skin. This later part of the top notes is delightful, but after about and hour it develops into a woodsy vanilla concoction that exudes mediocrity and is a bit disappointing. Moderate sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity. Not the most exciting of flankers but a nice beginning.

12th September, 2014

sleepsheep's avatar

A major dissapointment from Chanel. A very generic shopping mall fragrance. A combination between Chance and Mademoiselle, selecting the worst from both. I smell very sharp citrus and a very artifical sweetness. I was expecting the sweet, spicy mystery of Coco, but Noir has none of that. It's a very generic floral, fruity fragrance. A big thumbs down.

28th August, 2014

Bal a Versailles's avatar

Without owning a sample I would like to second everything Mimi Gardenia writes in her review and say that this is simply gorgeous on my daughter. Just because it may not (or it may) suit me doesn't detract from its obvious appeal. The longevity and sillage are right up there. I may buy a bottle before fragrance restrictions dumb down this Lois Lane of a perfume. "All roads lead to Rome" my Mother is fond of saying but perhaps all roads lead to Chanel. Impressive.

13th April, 2014

For the first 12 or 15 seconds I thought something wonderful was happening in this fragrance. There were a couple of seconds when I almost went weak in the knees it smelled so good. But when I realized that the excellence of the accord started dulling, and nothing else appeared to be happening, I began a search some sort of directional intent or progress. It didnít appear. Instead of a signature Chanel accord, which I usually look forward to, Coco Noir vaguely reminds me of Ormonde Man, which has an signature accord that I donít enjoy. Unfortunately, this second accord that I perceive is pretty much the whole progression for the fragrance.

I was expecting to enjoy this, but that didnít happen. I donít understand it Ė especially in relation to previous Chanels and Cocos that I have reviewed. I donít see a relationship with any of the Cocoís and I donít see this as a noirÖ I can see a bit of Chanel in it Ė the dominant accord is smooth, complex, and it has that touch of elegant-but-distant thing that usually signifies Chanels for me. But I donít really enjoy the use of geranium leaf, vanilla, and patchouli in Coco Noir. Iím disappointed in the averageness of this scent Ė not what I expected from a ďCocoĒ or a Chanel.

24th March, 2014

rogalal's avatar

I've been sampling and reviewing a lot of Chanel lately and I'm struck that I almost always end up thinking that their scents are well composed and of good quality, but they rarely dazzle me. Coco Noir is another perfect example of that.

It smells like grape soda at first, lifted slightly with aldehydes and given a rich heart of fruity patchouli, while a synthetic rubbing alcohol smell darkens things and keeps everything from going gourmand or coming off as a cheap fruity floral. Later, a subtle green leafy element takes the place of the rubbing alcohol and that's pretty much what it smells like all the way to the base: sweet fruity patchouli darkened with subtle greens.

Coco Noir is well made. All the elements fit together in a well thought out way. It's not to sweet or too patchouli-heavy and even the rubbing alcohol note (which I usually detest) is perfectly blended and lends interest without being intrusive. But it's not exciting. Compared to Femilite du Bois or Egoiste, the grand dame and stately gentleman of the fruity flowery patchouli genre, it's not quite dull, but definitely less exciting. That being said, it deserves a thumbs up, but it's not a five-star masterpiece, just a well made perfume that's unlikely to turn heads.

15th January, 2014

Francolino's avatar

the bottom line is...Unisex

This incredible floral woody with hints of patchouly is really unisex with great sillage, glad to wear it and enjoy it in these cooler temps!

18th October, 2013

Chanel COCO NOIR - Eau de Parfum - EDP , 3.4 oz - NEW _ $135
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    COCO NOIR CHANEL /EAU DE PARFUM 100ml / 3.4 FL.OZ. ((NEW))
    • 8 Bid(s)
    COCO NOIR By CHANEL EDP PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 oz / 50 ML WOMEN PERFUME *UNBOX* NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 4 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHANEL COCO NOIR EAU DE PARFUM 1.7 OZ NIB SEALED !!!!
    • Time Left: 2 days