Coco Noir (2012)

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coco Noir

Coco Noir is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Coco Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Coco Noir

I have a love-hate relationship with this scent. When I first spray it I get sweetness, musk, and the best, most sophisticated citrus in the world with great sillage –– if I could buy a gallon of just the top notes I totally would. Unfortunately an hour later they give way to a generic sweet patchouli base. It also only lasts at most 3 hours on me, which is pretty poor performance––but perhaps that's a good thing, so I can respray it and re-experience the top notes every 3 hours?

For now I'm probably going to go with Tom Ford's Noir Pour Femme for an almost-equally delectable scent that has way better performance on me, but if I am able to acquire Coco Noir for a good price then I might get a bottle.
01st September, 2017
This is Mademoiselle, with a darker side. More spices, less sharpness, dry-down looses the darkness and becomes a brighter frag.
26th July, 2017
Sweet fancy Moses I LOVE this stuff! Longevity on my skin is forever, sillage is cozy and minimal, and the drydown is just heavenly.

A bit pricey, but I'm willing to save up for it..... :)
19th June, 2017
While I do get a whiff of mama Coco at the top, the spices disperse quickly--and what do you know-- it's my old friend, Chance (edp, not edt). I have worn Chance on and off since its debut, and can say that this is close enough to Chance that I don't think it's worthwhile to own both.

There are those who detect Coco Mademoiselle in this one, too. Either way, I don't think the problem is with US as much as it is with Chanel, returning to the well one time (or five or six) too many. Thumbs down not for the scent (because after all, I've loved Chance for years) but for quantity over originality.
12th April, 2017
The tonka and rose really stand out in this one. More feminine than masculine IMO, but a nice fragrance nonetheless. 7.5/10
05th July, 2016
This review is for the EDP original version. A lot of reviewers say Noir reminds them of Chanel Mademoiselle. It reminds me more of Miss Dior EDP (current formula). Both have a very strong, very dominant and persistent patchouli note. To my nose, the patchouli almost completely over powers the other notes and persists into the deep dry down.

Some reviewers say they can detect legendary Chanel Coco in Noir, but I do not detect Coco at all. Perhaps a little bit of Mademoiselle, but definitely not Coco. If I had to guess, I would say that Noir was created to compete with Miss Dior current formula or vice versa.

Longevity is weak to moderate, but I find this to be true of all current Chanels, even the Les Exclusifs, and given Chanel's price point, I find this a fatal flaw. Projection and sillage are moderate initially but quickly taper off, and this is true of all current Chanels as well. Overall it is not a bad fragrance, but it is more of a "cologne" than a "perfume" if that makes sense. If I did not know it was a Chanel, I probably never would have guessed it.

Fragrance: 6.5/10

Add your review of Coco Noir

Shop for Coco Noir products online

Search Amazon for Coco Noir

Member images of Coco Noir

There are no member images of Coco Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Coco Noir