Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Based on 18 ratings

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie Fragrance notes

Tobacco, Leather, Woods

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie information

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

This is something kind of different from all Montale fragrances that I've tested before with some new notes to my nose and some oldies!
    The opening is definitely a challenging scent that may back you off or get your attention.
    At the beginning I can smell a heavy, I'm saying it again, heavy dose of musk followed by sweet saffron and something new that many of you never smelled before called "salix aegyptiaca's blossom extract" and some darker notes.
    This "salix aegyptiaca's blossom extract" is some kind of extract that using it is very common in my country for making a very famous and local beverage. it has an intense floral and kind of herbal tone which has many fans and also many haters! at the opening I can smell the scent of it beside MUSK, saffron and some leather.
    The musk note as I said before is very strong and it has a dirty, sweaty and kind of animalic vibe that many of people may hate it. specially because of that sweaty part.
    The sweet saffron and that salix aegyptiaca's blossom extract notes covering up the heavy musky scent and making it more pleasant but still it's challenging!
    There are some darker notes specially leather to give the scent more depth and darker vibe.
    If you don't like that sweaty feeling wait for about 5 minutes.
    In the dry down that sweaty feeling is gone but heavy musky note does exist and dominate. now I can smell less salix aegyptiaca's blossom extract but more saffron and that dark part of the scent moves from leathery, smoky toward the dark woody (oud).
    The mid is a very familiar scent to my nose only with a little bit differences.
    Semi sweet and kind of heavy animalic musk, saffron, some floral notes and some oud in the background. sounds very familiar right?!
    The scent didn't change in the base.
    Projection is good and longevity is around 6-7 hours on my skin.
    Definitely try it before buying it. not a safe blind buy at all!

06 July, 2014

charlie222's avatar

Yes, don't be put off by the initial bombardment of barnyard smells. For then follow a couple hours of blissful deep quiet leather, followed by a gorgeous aoud reminiscent of Mona di Orio's (at a third of the price.)

31st October, 2013

Andyjreid's avatar

Scotland Scotland

I can appreciate this fragrance for what it is and what it is meant to be. I get the oud and I get the leather however unfortunately I also get a giant fecal note that I just can't shake from this regardless of how long I've been wearing it.

Is it a bad fragrance? Absolutely not.

Is it for me? No

07 December, 2012

Possum-Pie's avatar

Opens with a strange fecal note, that disappears almost immediately. Then A wonderful leather and warm oud unfolds with an astringent tone. I very nice fragrance, but not one to blind-buy. As with most Montale fragrances, Monster projection and longevity.

11th September, 2012

Add your review of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie

Search for on eBay United States

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale Eau De Parfum 3.3 oz Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left:
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    MONTALE Aoud Cuir d’Arabie Montale