Lightscape (2012)

Lightscape information

Year of Launch2012

HouseUlrich Lang

About Lightscape

Lightscape is a shared / unisex perfume by Ulrich Lang. The scent was launched in 2012

Lightscape fragrance notes

Reviews of Lightscape

Melonal and fruity notes, citrus, bergamot, a silky powdery side, a vanillin/tonka base and a soft, mellow floral heart, a bit artificial but tasty. Light base of patchouli and perhaps some herbs and talcum. A peculiar, organic, transparent, grey camphor-like note gives the scent a hint of "uniqueness", and reminds me of a grey linen shirt I have. This camphor feel gets almost animalic at some point, and together with the soapy-powdery side of violet makes Lightscape almost a sort of contemporary, more linear, "satin" version of a classic chypre. Delicate and interesting, not that amazing but worth a smell. A nice, versatile, elegant contemporary scent.

17th June, 2014
The notes intrigued me enough to order a sample. I'm surprised at the result of the culmination of the notes. It smells like Burberry Touch mixed with Grey Flannel, except this is more wearable and better quality than either. If you're into either one of those fragrances, then check this out. I can see it having a place in any collection. It would be a great office scent and cozy to lounge in. For me, it would serve the same purpose of Sartorial, though there is no relation between the two.
24th January, 2014 (last edited: 17th January, 2015)
"Dawning translucency".
Another interesting fragrance from this lovely brand. Its extremely sharp, natural, slightly indolic, "dawning" and aqueous initial translucency conveys (especially with regards to top notes) my olfaction towards a different fragrance with a similar vibe, just a tad more spicy and with a dominant note of rose rather than violet and white flowers of field, i mean the ghosty Dark by Andrea Maak. At the beginning indeed i detect a similar atmosphere (of quiet and suspension) projected by faint pepper, well appointed lemon, fresh mossy galbanum (smooth as a musky cushion) and really present floral notes (white flowers much more than violets). There is something barely fruity (sharply fruity in the air- grapefruit??) but it does not produce at all the notable metallic note you clearly detect in the rosey Dark. The floral notes start soon to become notably subtle, delicate and sophisticated (to me this is an unisex fragrance indeed). I still detect far more the white flowers over the violet leaves (however present anyway). In the meanwhile light woods (cedarwood?), a touch of tonka (rounding the smell) and musk keep on to develop in the air turning finally out the aroma as a smoother (barely soapy) and slightly powdery (typically chypre) one. Extremely distinctive, balanced and subtle although not completely original.
Pros: Extremely balanced, subtle and refined.
Cons: Not fully original."</p>
08th October, 2013 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)
I LOVE IT, a go to scent - In my top 5

Love this one for every day or anytime, a go to fragrance that doesn't overpower others or your wallet. More affordable than GIT and much smoother than Grey Flannel. There is something about the violet leaf that draws me in. Not as dirty as many of the vetiver's and more sophisticated and different,than all the citrus or aquatic scents, yet fresh! This is now in my top 5

Pros: Fresh and different, love the violet leaf

08th August, 2013
Lightscape is a beautiful, classy and distinguished fragrance: light, airy, elegant and versatile, with decent sillage and longevity. Although differently composed the opening makes me think of 1725 Casanova by Histoires de Parfums. For now Lightscape is my favorite feelgood scent. Highly recommended!!
06th May, 2013 (last edited: 10th May, 2013)
Kaern Show all reviews
There was a thread here informing us of this new release by Ulrich Lang in which I expressed my reservations about the notes - especially the violets. My doubts were all realised when I tested. Smells like 'mall junk' albeit a cut above. I really don't get all the nuances -- it's a woody violet and gets zero for originality. The first big letdown from this House.
23rd November, 2012

Add your review of Lightscape

Shop for Lightscape products online

Shop for Lightscape at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lightscape

Member images of Lightscape

There are no member images of Lightscape yet. Why not be the first?