Lightscape (2012)

Lightscape information

Lightscape is a unisex fragrance by Ulrich Lang. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Lightscape products online

Reviews of Lightscape

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Melonal and fruity notes, citrus, bergamot, a silky powdery side, a vanillin/tonka base and a soft, mellow floral heart, a bit artificial but tasty. Light base of patchouli and perhaps some herbs and talcum. A peculiar, organic, transparent, grey camphor-like note gives the scent a hint of "uniqueness", and reminds me of a grey linen shirt I have. This camphor feel gets almost animalic at some point, and together with the soapy-powdery side of violet makes Lightscape almost a sort of contemporary, more linear, "satin" version of a classic chypre. Delicate and interesting, not that amazing but worth a smell. A nice, versatile, elegant contemporary scent.

6,5-7/10

17 June, 2014

Scentologist's avatar

The notes intrigued me enough to order a sample; a green musky wood. Upon a skin test. I get the greenness, but must confess the powder was a surprise. I've smelled this before. Ah yes, its a tamed, more subdued version of Burberry Touch, albeit I'd prefer this one of the two as I find it more wearable. Its almost like Touch and Kiton Men collided. Its not as green as Kiton and not as powdery as Touch. This is very light and I'm not getting a lot of projection.

I agree that its refined, but not fully original.

24 January, 2014

Darvant's avatar

"Dawning translucency".
    Another interesting fragrance from this lovely brand. Its extremely sharp, natural, slightly indolic, "dawning" and aqueous initial translucency conveys (especially with regards to top notes) my olfaction towards a different fragrance with a similar vibe, just a tad more spicy and with a dominant note of rose rather than violet and white flowers of field, i mean the ghosty Dark by Andrea Maak. At the beginning indeed i detect a similar atmosphere (of quiet and suspension) projected by faint pepper, well appointed lemon, fresh mossy galbanum (smooth as a musky cushion) and really present floral notes (white flowers much more than violets). There is something barely fruity (sharply fruity in the air- grapefruit??) but it does not produce at all the notable metallic note you clearly detect in the rosey Dark. The floral notes start soon to become notably subtle, delicate and sophisticated (to me this is an unisex fragrance indeed). I still detect far more the white flowers over the violet leaves (however present anyway). In the meanwhile light woods (cedarwood?), a touch of tonka (rounding the smell) and musk keep to develop in the air turning finally out the aroma as a smoother (barely soapy) and slightly powdery (typically chypre) one. Extremely distinctive, balanced and subtle although not completely original.
    Pros: Extremely balanced, subtle and refined.
    Cons: Not fully original."</p>

08 October, 2013 (Last Edited: 28 May, 2014)

RHINORAY's avatar

I LOVE IT, a go to scent - In my top 5

Love this one for every day or anytime, a go to fragrance that doesn't overpower others or your wallet. More affordable than GIT and much smoother than Grey Flannel. There is something about the violet leaf that draws me in. Not as dirty as many of the vetiver's and more sophisticated and different,than all the citrus or aquatic scents, yet fresh! This is now in my top 5

Pros: Fresh and different, love the violet leaf
    Cons:

08 August, 2013

Trauerkraut's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Lightscape is a beautiful, classy and distinguished fragrance: light, airy, elegant and versatile, with decent sillage and longevity. Although differently composed the opening makes me think of 1725 Casanova by Histoires de Parfums. For now Lightscape is my favorite feelgood scent. Highly recommended!!

06 May, 2013 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2013)

Kaern's avatar

There was a thread here informing us of this new release by Ulrich Lang in which I expressed my reservations about the notes - especially the violets. My doubts were all realised when I tested. Smells like 'mall junk' albeit a cut above. I really don't get all the nuances -- it's a woody violet and gets zero for originality. The first big letdown from this House.

23 November, 2012

Add your review of Lightscape

Search for on eBay United States

LIGHTSCAPE ULRICH LANG NEW YORK EAU DE TOILETTE 3.4 OZ / 100 ML NIB
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    ULRICH LANG NEW YORK Lightscape Eau De Toilette 3.4 oz 100 ml New in Box
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)