Aura Maris (2012)

About Aura Maris

Part of the Mare Nostrum-collection

Aura Maris fragrance notes

Reviews of Aura Maris

Light, fresh, subtle. I especially like the faint earthy undertone. The official description mentions narcissus and one could certainly imagine an expanse of these flowers growing on a mossy bank somewhere near the sea. Although unobtrusive and gender free I wouldn't insult it by drawing any comparisons with abominations like CK1. As always personal resonances are important, and this composition puts me in mind of a wonderful fragrance offered by Robertet Grasse in the early 1960's, called Cedraya. I have very little of that precious essence left, but I catch fleeting glimpses of its beauty in Aura Maris, so I had no hesitation in buying a bottle.
18th September, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
True "shared" fragrance far superior to CK ONE! Light and breezy green and citrusy. Woods and patchouli give AURA MARIS a heft and dignity that does not intrude on the lighter notes. This is a "go to" fragrance for everyone in the daytime for casual wear. Lasts approximately 5 hours on skin/clothes before fading away to pure citrus plain and simple. This serves it's purpose in a wardrobe of heavy hitters. Perfect for young and professional as well as older and established men and women.
11th June, 2014
Lorenzo Villoresi - Aura Maris
A very average sea-breezed Eau de Cologne that tries to imitate all of its lookalikes made before it. Mixed in a slobby fashion with a nice lemony opening, a soapy lavender with a soft neroli floralness, and a cooked green spiciness that floats on sea-breezy and transparant-woody synthetics. It has a 'misty' feel to its structure that misses a certain grip to keep my attention on a high level. Pleasant it is, but not more than that - it is smelled, seen and forgotten...
05th June, 2014
divine but short-lived

Aura Maris starts with a blast of divine bitter sour citrus very interestingly layered. This is the phase I loved but it only lasted 30 minutes. Soon after AM stays so close to my skin that I can barely detect it. After 4 hours AM disappeared into a sweet and powdery shadow with a hint of citrus (funnily enough citrus notes popped up after rubbing my skin with saliva!). I tried AM in a cool Scandinavian August evening and found its silage and longevity to be rather poor. I wish AM was more lasting because the little it lasts it is truly gorgeous.

Pros: gorgeous opening
Cons: poor silage and longevity"

16th August, 2013
Vintage Armani Eau pour Homme reincarnated...?

Balmy easy-going fragrance, with transient whiffs of ripening citrus and green florals. The patchouli is evident to my nose early on, lending a certain heft or an earthy-musky presence to an otherwise transparent summer cologne. While this 'dirtied up' citrus is not something I could readily associate with Mediterranean coastal sea breezes, there is an undeniably cool, aqueous quality about it that evokes the atmosphere of a sea-faring town, with fruit stalls alongside sellers of fishing supplies. But more than that I admire AURA MARIS for seemingly paying tribute to my beloved vintage Armani Eau Pour Homme.

Pros: See title...
Cons: The bergamote-citrus aspect is uncomfortably skimpy...like a Speedo!

27th May, 2013

Add your review of Aura Maris

Shop for Aura Maris products online

Search Amazon for Aura Maris

Member images of Aura Maris

There are no member images of Aura Maris yet. Why not be the first?