Bois d'Ascèse (2012)

Bois d'Ascèse information

Year of Launch2012

HouseNaomi Goodsir

About Bois d'Ascèse

Bois d'Ascèse is a shared / unisex perfume by Naomi Goodsir. The scent was launched in 2012

Bois d'Ascèse fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois d'Ascèse

Christ of Saint John of the Cross by Salvador Dalí 1951
04th January, 2018
Just a stunning incense, especially in cold weather. I finished up my sample today, and this is at the top of the wishlist.
13th January, 2017
On me, Bois d'Ascèse starts off like one of those campfire-in-a-forest scents, smoky and sooty and strong. It ends up as frankincense with a hint of pine, and the whole day is spent in a long slow fade from the smoke to the incense. I don't really smell the whiskey or cinnamon - I guess they're just adding sweetness and depth if anything.

I pretty much always like perfumes like this, and Bois d'Ascèse is no exception. I'm not really sure if its intense realism takes away from its depth or if it's an artful statement in and of itself, but that's more of an intellectual argument I'm having with myself than an actual complaint, so it's a thumbs up all the way.
19th November, 2015
wonderful Smoky and burnt woods
03rd September, 2015
While I admire the daring of Bois d’Ascese, I find the crackling dry woodsmoke to be overwhelming. It drowns out the creamy, spiky elemi in thick billows of black soot, and makes it very difficult to perceive anything else that’s going on with the scent until the far drydown, when it becomes a 50-50 mix of great-quality frankincense and woodsmoke. Then I can enjoy its mysterious, austere smokiness on my scarf for days afterwards. But up until the dry down, I am choking through a fog of unremittingly bleak, black smoke.
01st July, 2015
finally, and at long long last, my holy grail smoke! yay!!! it's perfect: strident and unambiguously smokey, but with depth and complexity without ever deviating from that core, central aspect. it doesn't relay on birch tar or phenols to ramp up the smoke but what seems like a more organic wood-based accord (how that's put together here, i don't have a clue, perhaps styrax, opopanax, myrrh, actually i don't want to overthink this one). it doesn't develop appreciably but does soften into a gorgeous denoument of shimmery resins that mirrors the last coals of a fire gone out. did i mention it was just perfect?
07th January, 2015

Add your review of Bois d'Ascèse

Shop for Bois d'Ascèse products online

Search Amazon for Bois d'Ascèse

Member images of Bois d'Ascèse

There are no member images of Bois d'Ascèse yet. Why not be the first?