El Mono de la Tinta
by Fueguia 1833

El Mono de la Tinta information

HouseFueguia 1833

About El Mono de la Tinta

El Mono de la Tinta is a shared / unisex perfume by Fueguia 1833.

El Mono de la Tinta fragrance notes

Reviews of El Mono de la Tinta

It smells exactly like the "coca cola flavored" popsicles i used to love as a child. And I definitely love it!
Its sexy, edible but not exesively sweet. Spicy, woodsy and sort or "sweet earthy" if that exists.
Also, it develops into very different acchords over time. You will smell a different fragance every 15 minutes. Great longevity (over 12 hours) and good sillage.
29th May, 2014
Excellent sandalwood

This has a truly excellent opening: resinous, woody, complex. This is from the copaiba, which has terpene aspects. To my nose, there is only the merest hint of a very dry, woody cinnamon -- not at all an "apple-pie spice" note. The spice is subtle, not a loud 1980's spice. Indeed, the scent is dry throughout and thus very pleasing to me. The sandalwood is dry and translucent (rather than dense, as it sometimes can be). At times, there are hints of a toasted nut chord, a bit like almonds or even marzipan. On my skin, this is a very good sandalwood scent, with spice playing a minor, supporting role. Nothing gourmand here at all in my opinion. Dry, subtle, very classy.

Pros: Subtle, classy, dry
Cons: no downside"

09th September, 2013
Cinnamon is what you get upon application, but the copaiba restrains the cinnamon's widely known spiciness. As usual, it is very difficult finding the right words when it comes to describe the way these two materials blend... the cinnamon softens and what we get is a spicy - creamy feeling. Interesting enough, one might as well say the blend feels like an alternative gourmand: this term usually makes us think of chocolates and candy, not here. In this case it'd rather be a "woody spicy gourmand" if we were to ignore the presence of sandalwood, which, at the end, makes the blend even more softer and mellower.

Of course there are many other fragrance were cinnamon plays a central role: JHL, by Aramis / Estee Lauder and YSL's Opium are my favorite. However, in this case, there is an originality not found in the rest of the bunch for the blend feels, if I can beg your pardon after failing to find a better word, wild. It really does. I cannot find the reason behind this observation, but I guess it must be the remnants of the above mentioned spice.

Wrapping I up, the originality of the fragrance's name translates quite well into the blend.

Version reviewed: Perfume
08th March, 2013

Add your review of El Mono de la Tinta

Shop for El Mono de la Tinta products online

Member images of El Mono de la Tinta

There are no member images of El Mono de la Tinta yet. Why not be the first?