Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum (2012)
by Perris Monte Carlo

Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2012

HousePerris Monte Carlo
PerfumerLuca Maffei

About Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum

Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum is a shared / unisex perfume by Perris Monte Carlo. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Luca Maffei

Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum

Whoah!! Perris Monte Carlo's Oud Imperial EdP starts with a very boozy blast of typical old-school men's fougere scent elements, led by caraway, jasmine, and patchouli. Vetiver is quite noticeable, softened by the rock rose and sandalwood.

The oud element in this one, IMO, seems to be overshadowed by the sweet-spicy-woody elements that linger with FEROCITY in this EdP. Overall, Oud Imperial comes across as a beastly 1980's cologne that I've long-since moved on from (cf. Ralph Lauren's Monogram, which Oud Imperial smells SO MUCH like!) versus a classy, restrained oud scent.

Personally, I wouldn't wear this fragrance if I wanted to project anything resembling the ouds I'd experienced in other brands (i.e. Tom Ford, Gucci, Armani, Versace).
Nor would I wear it simply because its characteristic loud yester-decade personality is just not what I wear anymore.
05th August, 2018
One of the permanent of my small collection: something I will never give up. Perfectly made, with a tremendous presence that does not nullify the attractiveness of its calibrated character. The opening of a stroke of dry and exaggerated verdure turns your head to fainting. It is beautiful to see how the wood appears in its conspiracy seated on a pure oud, simply clad in a leather accord and dark spices, in turn firmly entwined in a carpet of grass and dry moss. I love the terrible alcoholic enigma that sharpens, with serious decision, the maintenance of this forceful mixture. Eventually everything settles down, and the oud that begins to flourish in all its black character reminds me of other wild compositions of the market, which, however, have not excited me as much as the present here.
This is wood with more wood. Dark and brown, resinous and polished. It is superlative and balanced, and, somehow, pure in its bizarre unity. I like the conceptualization of the perfume worked by this house, and I would present this creation as the most finished emblem of its art.
21st February, 2018
An earthy and slightly rooty vetiver. This one is for the serious wood lovers. Nice, but not something I would see myself wearing often. Cooler weather fragrance. Sort of reminded me of an Amouage fragrance (due to the incense). Worth a try for sure!
06th October, 2015
An incredibly beautiful and intense Oud. Much like Killian Pure Oud. This is a gladiator of a fragrance that will always win. And I love it. This again is not for the meek, nor for those who like a sweet fragrance. It is a very assertive scent. Very distinctive and much to my liking. Next to Derby this scent gets more comments from friends who either love it or are frightened by its power and shy away from it.
18th July, 2015
Oud Imperial, the elegant Oud.

Oud Imperial, OUD IMPERIAL, the name suggests a big honking, stonking, bombastic, in your face OUD. But it's not. It's really not. I have been surprised to discover that it is a beautifully elegant fragrance with Fougere references.

I've been spending a lot of time with Oud Imperial. I seem to agree, and disagree, with what others are saying about it. I would like to be able to say that I'm smart enough to detect the published notes, but I can't actually. I don't smell jasmine, or caraway, or sandalwood, or vetiver for that matter. I do smell other notes that may or may not be there. What does that matter? I can only tell you how I find it, whether real or imagined.

First off, every time I smell the topnotes I think that I smell a boozy rose in there. No one else seems to note that. An accord of boozy rose, geranium and pronounced woody resinous notes that I can only describe as smelling like pine and perhaps fir balsam to me. It's a gorgeous accord. It's deep and woody with the slightest aromatic aspect. I smelll a little aromatic accord in other Perris Monte Carlo fragrances, a little geranium, like a signature accord?

The heart of Oud Imperial reveals a terrific blend of frankincense and oud, and more woody notes. Then a fascinating burnt wood note, like wood blackened on a camp fire. There is a suggestion of something dark, green and herbal too, and patchouli. There are wonderful Fougere references , and I see that I'm not on my own there, as others have found this too.

Now, those of you who know me, will know that I am mostly gender blind when it comes to fragrance, but there are exceptions, and Oud Imperial is one of them. Oud Imperial is a mans fragrance in my view. It's not butch though. It is a beautiful mans fragrance. A fragrance for a beautiful man. It is simply the most elegant Oud fragrance that I have ever smelled. It has notes with such strong profiles, strong characters, and yet the whole fragrance is so skillfully balanced, so refined. It is timeless, very stylish, urbane even. I am smelling it right now and oh it is lovely. If a man wearing this were to sit down next to me I think that I would fall in love.

With no intention of being rude to Perris Monte Carlo, this elegant Oud would be better named Saville Row Oud in my view.

13th September, 2014
Oud Imperial opens with a rubbery, slightly harsh, boozy (or more precisely, "chemically" alcoholic) note of oud, on a black, dense, slightly sticky ambery-herbal-spicy base. I also detect cloves, a medicinal note blended with the general sticky-black mood, initially a bit cloying then turning into something softer and more gentle. As a non-fan and non-expert of oud, I am not able to judge it, but the note smells nice to me: it's dark, austere, mystical, "organic", woody-rubbery as I assume oud shall be. Somehow it manages to smell at the same time also friendly and warm, especially as minutes pass, and after one hour or so it becomes definitely more "open", more pleasant and more fascinating, as it basically smells like if a dark woody forest blossomed on your skin – there's earthy notes, herbs, light woody notes - besides oud, patchouli, oak moss (obviously fake) and a light spicy-ambery breeze. At this point it's also quite close to many classic masculine fougères of the '70s/'80s, with the added value of the bitter, dry and rubbery note of oud. And that's the drydown basically. A nicely austere and decently persistent scent.

7,5-8/10

PERRIS MONTE CARLO OUD IMPERIAL PERFUME EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML BLACK 46A

End Date: Wednesday Mar-13-2019 18:36:03 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $185.06

Member images of Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Oud Imperial Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?