• Launched: 2012
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Vici Fragrance Notes

Vici information

Vici is a unisex fragrance by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Vici products online

Reviews of Vici

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar

The opening of Vici is pleasant and juicy, I smell a lot of aromatic, vibrant herbs (like sage, bay leaf, that kind of Ambre Sultan herbal accords), flowers, something tasty and fruity (blackcurrants, peach?). Then also quite a massive dose or aromachemicals (Iso E for sure) to give the scent that classy, sought-after ordinary plainness and predictability so many niche houses look so fond of lately. It quite reminds me of Daim Blond, less suede and more herbs (and less quality, less complexity, less elegance). It then evolves more or less on the same main accords, a dry herbal-hay base still with a touch of fruits and a slight mossy-earthy accord. Pleasant but plain and uselessly already-seen.

5,5/10

28 June, 2014

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

After a somewhat prickly (Angelica?) mildly soapy herbaceous opening, the scent evolves into a warm vanillic dry down with boozy/cedary overtones, the transitions smooth and well-controlled. While I still have no idea what this have to do with the concept, I am a fan of angelica's nose-tickling notes and boozy vanilla. Vici therefore gets a thumbs up, but only just.

03 May, 2014

Buzzlepuff's avatar

This is the final aspect of Historie de Parfums trilogy of Veni, Vidi, Vici of the phrase displayed on Ceasars banner, "I came, I saw, I conquered". Unfortunately for me the phrase should read, "I came, I saw, I got lost on the way home". Vici represents fire to Gerald Ghislan and does result in a pleasant warm woods fragrance. I enjoy wearing it, but I have a hard time talking about what it really smells like. It is just too subtle and complex to be appreciated fully.

The notes listed are: Top Note: angelical roots, cardamom, pink peppercorns, basil, galbanum, aldehyde;
    Heart Note: rustic lavender effects, céleri graine, iris concrete, osmanthus absolute essence incense;
    Base Note: patchouli oil, musk, vanilla, cedar, raspberry.

I can smell the raspberry and the warm osmanthus. Otherwise I smell warm generalized mix of woods and spices. Cardamom, Pink Pepper - OK. But, there is not easy way to identify what VICI stands for or really smells like. I get lost whenever I try to pin down what this scent really is. It smells good. A warm sueded woods scent that has a raspberry aura.

If I didn't really enjoy the scent I would give it thumbs down, but rate it very neutral, 2 of 5 stars, simply due to its inconclusive resolution. What does Vici stand for? I don't really know. I think Ceasar got lost on his way home with this one.

29 April, 2013

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

these names are utterly confusing especially since 2 of the 3 smell very similar and also they share some elements from the base the other 2 so its all to confusing.
    This one opens up herbal green, a bit like masculine refreshing perfume,bitter, refreshing airy, no sweetness, there is nice iris note, and then the drydown is all about sweet patchouli and musk mix, this musky note is not that annoying as in musky ozonic saffron combo of Vidi. The drydown is oriental, sweet musky, and patchouli. I like it.

19 April, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Mmahh!! Frankly i find it useless and disappointing. Another vacuous musky/cedary cloud with a creamy-sweet "laundry-like" and initially aromatic violet/iris feel and some slightly synthetic fruitiness in the mix. Balmy and vaguely dusty/talky with hints of incense and cardamom. The white dry down is not just soapy but warmer and with a woody spark. Vici smells like a less synthetic, splashing and bombastic Le Male, a sort of warmer snob Le Male. Another Histoires de Parfums's dive in the commercial side of the pond.

28 February, 2013