Noble Incense (2012)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Noble Incense Fragrance Notes

Noble Incense information

Noble Incense is a unisex fragrance by Bella Bellissima. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Noble Incense

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

britishmisk's avatar

England England

I saw no one had reviewed this yet but I think it thoroughly deserves a bit of input.

I've been a fan of oud since before it came into 'vogue' having travelled to the Middle East quite often and having an interest in the culture of that part of the world. As a result I enjoy original pure oud oil perfumes that many Arabs particularly Gulf Arabs enjoy using. With many western brands jumping on the oud bandwagon I've been really disappointed when compared to some of the oils you can buy from Middle Eastern perfume houses. I've tried Amouage's cologne range, Montale, YSL's M7 not really seeing them offer any real competition (albeit being better than most of eau de colognes you can buy out there).

On a trip to Selfridges to try Zegna's new line (and coincidentally in particular their Indonesian oud) and to find an Amouge attar I favoured on a previous trip, a sales attendant offered this to me to try, and it was an instant hit with me. The sample on the card she gave me last throughout the weekend and having its fragrance with me the entire time convinced me it was worth buying.

At £148 for a 50ml bottle it does seem pricey especially when compared to what other western perfume houses have an offer, but when compared to some of the perfume oil vials you can buy in the Middle East, which offer the same sort of exquisite fragrance and longevity, it does work out cheaper. (Take Amouage attars as an example).

The scent is not a pungent 'barnyard' dehnal oud style, the other notes they've blended in work well with the subtle oud they've used, and it definitely is oud in there, I see a lot of fragrances marketed as such when I can't really pick anything up. I would describe it as woody but not so much to the extent of something like RL Polo, at the same time it's refreshing which is probably the result of Musk and Iris working together.

Definitely recommended for trying, you won't want to buy any other oud fragrance in a spray after this, nothing compares.

24th April, 2013