Donna Karan Woman (2012)

PerfumerAnne Flipo
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Donna Karan Woman

Donna Karan Woman is a feminine perfume by Donna Karan. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anne Flipo

Donna Karan Woman fragrance notes

Reviews of Donna Karan Woman

I agree with thatsmr2usir. Donna Karan Woman is a completely misnamed unisex fragrance that possibly leans toward the masculine. It all depends on how one views vetiver because Woman is definitely a vetiver-centric fragrance just like Chanel Sycomore although Sycomore has a smoky note that Woman does not.

Woman purportedly also has notes of sandalwood, orange flower, and other floral notes, but I mainly detect a very fresh, green, airy vetiver. Occasionally, I am able to detect a fresh citrus note reminiscent of freshly squeezed orange juice, but it is somewhat muted. I do not detect either sandalwood or other floral notes. Woman is classified as a floral woody musk, but I would describe it as a "woody citrus" if there is such a category.

Anyone who is interested in vetiver as a note should definitely try Woman. Woman has moderate projection, sillage, and longevity. It is appropriate in virtually any venue, too. An added bonus is the unusual bottle which looks like a piece of modern sculpture one might find at MoMA. Unusual bottles seem to be a Donna Karan trademark, and Woman is no exception.

I have awarded Woman a thumbs up because it is a quality fragrance, but vetiver is not one of my favourite soloist notes. I much prefer vetiver as part of the chorus instead of as the star. I find Woman much more wearable than Sycomore, though. Whereas Woman is a fresh, green, airy, and slightly citrusy fragrance that I could imagine wearing almost anywhere at any time, Sycomore is more of an "experience." I cannot imagine wearing Sycomore anywhere I would normally go. Moreover, whereas I find Woman to be unisex, I find Sycomore to be much more masculine. Let your nose be your guide and decide for yourself.
25th October, 2017
When I was a fragrance model, Donna Karan was one of the companies I worked for. I was so pleased & happy when this scent hit the market.

It is a very nice & different take on vetiver which is usually a heavy note. Here it is done in a contrast way, surely it is there but not in a very earthy type way. There is a floral note in there possibly the orange flower which gives the vetiver that contrast appeal.

A few things DK messed up with this fragrance. The name.. Woman... Not very creative & not smart. I say that to say this smells VERY UNISEX! Almost completely masculine. This was such a hard sale for me because when women smelled it, the first thing that came out of their mouths was IS THIS A MENS COLOGNE?

Yes marketing was all wrong on this one. The name should be changed & called something completely different & it should have been marketed UNISEX at the very least! I believe it would have had MUCH better success on the market.

It is beautifully done & sexy. A night fragrance with longevity at least 8+ hours on me & projection is high! Leaves a nice scent trail & it does lure compliments.. If you want to stand out & smell different than the crowd, this is a nice one for sure.
05th July, 2016

Add your review of Donna Karan Woman

Shop for Donna Karan Woman products online

Search Amazon for Donna Karan Woman

Member images of Donna Karan Woman

There are no member images of Donna Karan Woman yet. Why not be the first?