24 Platinum (2012)

24 Platinum information

Year of Launch2012

HouseScentStory FZE

About 24 Platinum

24 Platinum is a masculine fragrance by ScentStory FZE. The scent was launched in 2012

24 Platinum fragrance notes

Reviews of 24 Platinum

24 Platinum Elixir opens with a rather scratchy accord that is an almost-disgusting combination of a boozy cheap vermouth/incense and a semi-sweet, fruity cedar: There’s also a warmth to it, probably from the middle’s amber, that doesn’t seem to belong. The fruit note disappears after a minute or two, and what remains for the rest of the fragrance is a textured version of that original petty annoyance.

Actually, I do have something positive to say about this accord: It is is quite original and masculine. I guess it does have a redeeming value. An underlayment of a sweetish, musky leather eventually roils up from the base. I think if they had left out either the sweet or the leather, the projection of this base might have been more desirable. Probably the smell of 24Elixir Platinum is my particular aberration. There’s a decent chance that someone who is not me might enjoy it.
19th August, 2016 (last edited: 18th August, 2016)
After enjoying the sweet 24 Gold and Gold Oud pair, I was eager to try Platinum. First, the comparisons to Montale Red Aoud are valid, but they neglect the vanilla and rose that round out Platinum, which is both spicy and sweet. Galbanum is the many source of the spiciness, I'm guessing, and the citrus aspects add some sharpness. Still, this is much softer and slightly more powdery than Red Aoud, coming off even fruity at times with the juniper berries.

While not the gourmand tour de force of Gold (or similarly, Gold Oud), Platinum is a fascinating combination that might prove more appealing for those that find Red Aoud to be a bit too spicy, or for those in general that prefer spicier fragrances to be tempered by other (sweet, fruity, powdery) elements. If it were slightly better I might consider buying it, as it does at least follow suit with Gold and Gold Oud's strength.

6 out of 10
24th November, 2015
Not bad! The opening, I get a burst of alcohol. It dies off quickly though and rose emerges from the start. A nice red rose, with some other notes around it, but mostly rose. I really didn't pay attention to this drying down, but I smelled my hand about an hour later and was left with nothing but rose and vanilla. Then I smelled my hand again about 3 hours later, and still rose and vanilla. The rose in the dry down isn't overly floral, there are no other stupid floral notes clouding the rose, and the rose overpowers the vanilla to perfection. Just the right 75% to 25% rose to vanilla ratio that I desire. My only complaint.. I wish this fragrance was a little darker.
02nd April, 2015
frobxl Show all reviews
A very decent offering once again from Scentstory. I think I may prefer this to 24 Gold.

The fragrance opens with a juicy but plasticy (in a good way) fruity berry, rose vibe with the feeling of oud lingering behind (although oud is not listed in the note breakdown, it's there to my nose) As it settles down it smoothens out a lot and becomes more creamy with the sandalwood and vanilla. It lasts a good while and projects fairly strongly.

It's a very nice fragrance especially for the price point, but seems to have a lot of dislikers, so try sniff it out before buying.
12th March, 2014 (last edited: 15th April, 2014)
vawallpa Show all reviews
All of the Scentstory 24 series are amazing, and this scent is no exception. It oozes class at a very low price which makes it very good value for money. You can smell vanilla, some rose and a very good oud note. It is has monster sillage and longevity also.
26th January, 2014

Add your review of 24 Platinum

Shop for 24 Platinum products online

Search Amazon for 24 Platinum

Member images of 24 Platinum

There are no member images of 24 Platinum yet. Why not be the first?