Jacarandá (2011)

Jacarandá information

Year of Launch2011

HouseFueguia 1833

About Jacarandá

The fragrance is part of the Linneo collection.

Jacarandá fragrance notes

Reviews of Jacarandá

I find the notes listing here on BaseNotes for Jacaranda interesting. Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedar, Moss. I find it interesting because the notes listed for Jacaranda on the Fueguia 1833 website lists the notes as, Rosewood, Mahogany, and Spruce, which seems more in line with what I experienced in wearing this fragrance. I wonder if there was a reformulation or something? Anyway, this is a nice woody, aromatic with some excellent wood notes.

It starts out with a strong varnished woods presence. It is quite potent, but has been thoroughly enjoyable to me. There is a sweetness along with the varnished wood notes in the opening that makes it different than the varnished smells of D.S. & Durga's Bowmakers. Jacaranda has strong projection for the first few hours. My wife and I went to a basketball game this evening, and she complained that my fragrance was too strong. I disagreed with that assessment, as it smelled wonderful, but she said it had a sweet note she didn't appreciate and it was too strong. I didn't find it too strong, however, I did apply from my sample quite liberally, so perhaps it's best to sample this one in smaller doses than I did tonight. The opening is nice, but the dry down is what I enjoyed the most. It becomes quite coniferous in the dry down and the spruce really ahh..."spruces" thing up quite a bit! It is really nice for someone who loves coniferous notes and fragrances...like me! I was pleasantly surprised by that wonderful dry down. Now I've found another coniferous fragrance that's on my list of must haves! It's so exciting!

07th December, 2017
Skinky Chypre

We all know what a chypre is: a blend made of a citric note, oak moss, patchouli and musk. In this case, Jacaranda includes a citric note (Bergamot), oak moss and patchouli. As a product of one's imagination, which at the same time is a by-product of extensive smelling of perfumes and raw materials, you come up thinking of the usual suspects: Mitsouko, Y, Aliage, Aromatics Elixir, etc.

Yes, it does recall the last one in its skanky persona, but to the extent if feels boldy masculine: the oak moss prevails at the expense of the rest of the notes. Forget the bergamot, forget the patchouli. I might call this one a perfect chypre for oakmoss lovers - I cannot attest if it is real or synthetic oakmoss: rest assure, it prevails in the base notes in the shape of its very bitter / root like / skanky green accords.

It is not an easy fragrance to wear, it is somehow a very bold version of a classic composition that originally was supposed to be lightly animalic. Not in this case. One might end up thinking Jacaranda is an extreme chypre, as chypre as you might get... or a failed one - let the wearer judge by him / herself.

IMHO, Jacaranda leaves Aromatics Elixir way behind in terms of a chypre's animalic notes, thus the five stars.

Pros: Complex
Cons: Unbalanced "

13th July, 2013

Add your review of Jacarandá

Shop for Jacarandá products online

Search Amazon for Jacarandá

Member images of Jacarandá

There are no member images of Jacarandá yet. Why not be the first?