Tom Ford Noir (2012)

SupplierGivaudan
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tom Ford Noir

Tom Ford Noir is a men's fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2012 as an Eau de Parfum, and a Eau de Toilette version was launched in the following year.

Reviews of Tom Ford Noir

The noirness of noir
Distilled from all his noir stuff
Then asked, "What is noir?"
25th October, 2017
Tom Ford's homage to Guerlain's Heritage. Get the original.
23rd July, 2017
As many have said, this is not the most surprising or bold of perfumes, but to my nose it is a pleasant one. Soapy and powdery, but creamy on the drydown, it has a relaxing vibe on me. It feels like a clean scent, but a warm kind of clean.
16th February, 2017
I won't give a long review of this, having already provided a review of the little brother, Noir EDT. There really isn't much to note about the EDP, as I find the differences minimal. The only difference I could find, in fact, is that the EDP has a brief stage near the beginning where the general "fatness" of the scent is flattened and a more austere phase comes into play where the pepper and iris are highlighted. This doesn't last long, though, and we're soon back into the realms of sweet, powdery, musky and woody power as per the EDT.

Look, I won't beat around the bush: there are more fulfilling things out there, and just plain better too: if I was to part money for something in this genre tomorrow, I would more likely buy (in order of preference) Histoire's 1725, Guerlain's Heritage, or Dior Homme Intense. But the Noir line really isn't bad to my nose. If the Tom Ford name is important to you, and you want to obtain something Guerlain-influenced but a little more up to date, and that will get you noticed, then this is a consideration.

I find the EDP more noir-ish, whatever that is supposed to denote, than the EDT.
21st December, 2016
I understand the Habit Rouge comparisons, but everything is so harsh and synthetic. I don't get "notes", especially in the opening. I get a blast of green medicinal chemically whatever. The drydown isn't so bad, which is why this review is neutral instead of negative. It isn't so great either.
24th August, 2016
Stardate 20160822:

This is one of the better ones from TF. I find his regular collection better than the Private Blends.
It is midway between Shalimar and the spicy modern ones like Spicebomb or The One. And more wearable too.
Basenoter apixiefan got it right. It is Shalimar Pour Homme.

22nd August, 2016

Add your review of Tom Ford Noir

Shop for Tom Ford Noir products online

Search Amazon for Tom Ford Noir

Member images of Tom Ford Noir

There are no member images of Tom Ford Noir yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Tom Ford Noir