Vétiver Fatal (2012)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Vétiver Fatal

Vétiver Fatal is a masculine fragrance by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Reviews of Vétiver Fatal

Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal is very reminiscent of Byredo Bal D'Afrique and Westbrook due to the common groupings of citrus, violet, and vetiver, to the point that I'd insist that someone try all three before making up their minds to buy any of them. As I've opted for Westbrook already, which I feel has a bit more allure to it anyway, I certainly wouldn't need to pull the trigger on Vetiver Fatal, but Vetiver Fatal is a nice fragrance in its own right--fresh and sweet due to the citrus, demure with the floral of the violet, and grounded in the earthy vetiver. An interesting try with well above average perforamnce for an Atelier, this is sure to make it to many's "top 10 vetiver" lists, and is a nice departure from the overly-fresh and short-lived trends of the house.

Standard retail pricing is $130 for 100ml, but it's seemingly widely available on discount sites, on FragranceNet for $116 for 100ml and even just $122 for 200ml, so there are deals to be had, but not by me, as I'm content with Westbrook and without Bal D'Afrique.

7 out of 10
03rd June, 2016
Vetiver Fatal is a vetiver based fragrance, rather than a pure vetiver scent. Opens with plum and violet notes over a vetiver and cedar base. The plum and violet stay prominent throughout and the fragrance develops only minimally. Seems sophisticated and refined and really is unlike any other fragrance I'm familiar with. Even if you own several vetiver scents, VF is unique enough to fit your collection. Very nice to wear, and offers great versatility in all but the most formal of occasions. Easily unisex with average sillage, but excellent longevity.
18th March, 2016
I fell in love with Atelier after stumbling across their boutique in Manhattan. And was rewarded with a small bottle of this. It is green and fruity, and the perfumer's use of violet leaf is exceptional. While I don't find this to represent true vetiver sufficiently enough to name it so, I love it nonetheless.
It remains sweet throughout the day, with elements of sweet (not cloyingly so) preserved plum and earthy wood.
19th February, 2016
Not a true vetiver scent.

It is more of a fresh if slightly fruity-floral take on citrusy-green sub-genre with orange blossoms, violet leaf, and a hint of woods. Unlike many of the Ateliers, Vetiver Fatal seems to have a little more development and movement, especially in the first half an hour which works a treat. Unfortunately it flattens out all too soon to a soft almost nondescript semi-citrusy skin scent, in line with the house understated style. A mildly creamy vetiver makes its appearance only in the drydown.
28th May, 2015 (last edited: 29th May, 2015)
Vetiver Fatal is a delicious, fresh and invigorating fragrance. At first spray I detect some vetiver with fruity/citrus notes. The dry down is a creamy vetiver like none other. I love the way Atelier Cologne mixes the vetiver with the citruses. Usually vetiver based fragrances are bold and earthy. This one is not and I love it.
13th March, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
Well -- I'm a sucker for plum and I could detect it straight away.

The fragrance is basically a fruity wood, but it has a 'freshness' that appeals to me -- that clean/sweet sort of way vetiver is done by Lubin and others rather than the bitter green version of Tauer, etc.

I like it a lot but I can understand 'vetiver' lovers shying away.
24th February, 2015

Add your review of Vétiver Fatal

Shop for Vétiver Fatal products online

Search Amazon for Vétiver Fatal

Member images of Vétiver Fatal

There are no member images of Vétiver Fatal yet. Why not be the first?