Bullion (2012)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseByredo
Creative DirectorBen Gorham

About Bullion

Bullion is described by Byredo as "a hymn to the scents of Arabia and ancient Persia."

Bullion fragrance notes

Reviews of Bullion

Byredo Bullion is an odd one, no doubt. It involves the intersection of several different genres but doesn't seem to take on one in particular. It's fruity with plum, floral with magnolia and osmanthus, and woody with sandalwood, not to mention the leather.

To my nose, the plum stands out the most, as it's fruity first, and the rest of the other attributes are featured in relative harmony with one another.

Performance is decent, wearability is year-round and versatile, though I don't regard it in very serious terms, and it's surely quite unisex. I just find myself mostly puzzled by it and while slightly drawn to it, not inclined remotely to buy it.

7 out of 10
15th June, 2017
A case where the sum feels a lot less than its component parts. A plummy-saffrony-woody-floral oriental if I were pushed into classifying it. But if I'm brutally honest, it actually smells flat, the notes melding into one big synthetic linear accord. No significant leather to be found either, texturally or otherwise. Perhaps it's been reformulated?

To its credit BULLION projects very well, smelling attractively like a veiled sultry courtesan from a sheikh's harem. Such a conjured imagery alone is enough to give me *cough* I mean, give this fragrance a rise and that, my friends, is no bull. I'd certainly raise an eyebrow and perhaps flare a nostril too were I to smell this on a straight guy.
22nd July, 2016
Kaern Show all reviews
I thought I picked up the wrong tester -- smelled like Pulp, but then the plum note shone through and I was hooked. Morphs into a very sweet leather which has tremendous potency and lasts for aeons. I wish it was a touch more subtle but is a standout fragrance.
13th May, 2014
This is a wonderfully blended leather and the leather stands out.

For the price, however, I would compare with PG Cuir d'Iris, which smells similar to my nose.
19th April, 2014
This is an excellent fragrance and definitely something unique and not for everybody.
The opening is combination of fresh, sweet and fruity plum scent with smoky and dirty leather and animalistic musky scent.
The fruity plum scent is very pleasant, but strong and dirty leather note and also animalistic musky scent make it something quite different from everything that I've tested before.
It's fresh, fruity and yummy but it's dirty and naughty at the same time.
There are some spicy notes beside these notes and a light floral scent in the background too.
In the mid there is no too much changes. only leather gets a little weaker.
In the base, things changed a lot!
The leather note, animalistic musky scent and spices all go completely to the background and only thing that remain and you can smell is sweet plum and floral notes. the base is kind of disappointment but it's OK.
This one gave me a lot at the opening and mid.
Projection is good and longevity is 7-8 hours on my skin.
It's not a safe blind buy! definitely try it.
I like it.
01st February, 2014
Fruity, floral, leather, woody, musky, sweet, according to Fragrantica. What's not to like? I, for one, love scents with a plum note and this one is delicious. Add to it a bit of floral a touch of leather and a hint of sandalwood and musk and you have something reasonably unique. There is a hint of dirtyness here too but nothing to put anyone off. Not a powerhouse scent but lasting a good 6-8 hours and longer as a close skin scent. I get a bit of a waxy character which I really like. Some people have said this is challenging but I see it as both unique and very wearable and quite unisex. Nothing to be scared of here. Perhaps the best Byredo but sadly a limited release. I obsessed on getting this for quite a while. Very glad to have it in my rotation.
06th January, 2014

Add your review of Bullion

Shop for Bullion products online

Search Amazon for Bullion

Member images of Bullion

There are no member images of Bullion yet. Why not be the first?