Jonquille de Nuit (2012)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Jonquille de Nuit Fragrance notes

Wild Alpine cyclamen, Acacia and angelica seeds, Violet leaf, Bitter orange leaf, Orris, Amber

Reviews of Jonquille de Nuit

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

This has a sharp, aldehydic floral opening, brighter & slightly fruitier than Ombre de Hyacinth, & less green. As it settles, there's a definite lily note, along with a little powder & amber, & at this stage it smells exactly like Donna Karan Gold to me, far more so than Lys Fume does. ln the heart there's a hint of the "bad breath"-type of indolic jasmine, & later on there's vanilla in the base. After the first hour, it all fades very close to the skin, although it lasts several hours.
    l'm giving this a neutral because although l don't hate it, l get pretty much the same scent, but done better, from my bottle of DK Gold. And it doesn't really suggest the wonderful scent of real daffodils to me, either.

30th March, 2014

's avatar

White Flowers... Wait... Jasmine?

At first, I thought Feminine, my wife thought the same.

"Woo, Strong" she said "Lilies?"

I went off to look at the claimed notes as I thought I was getting a lovely floral with a 'clean' Jasmine.

Whatever the differences in the claimed and perceived notes, I like this a lot.

It smells great, it is detectable without putting streptococcus on your arm and it lasts!

I sampled this, then a few hours later had to dash out in a hurry.

I liberally sprayed on the DHI before going.

Hours later, the Dior had faded. But this beauty was still there, smelling great!

Its a tad linear. It would great be used under or with something else.

I tried it with Cambodi Oud, it worked for me!

IMHO

Pros: Longevity, Sillage, Quality of the Overall Aromatic Picture
    Cons: Price, Underrated, seen as Feminine by some"

19 October, 2013

jtd's avatar
    jtd

mix and match

Itís not hard to separate the Ford sales pitch from the perfumes. The pitch is so bare, so hungry. ĎTom Ford has everything that could be desired. Donít you wish you were Tom?!í I wonít go further into the reading of the marketing, since I believe I just captured it in its entirety.

But one bit of marketing that catches me with Jonquille de Nuit is the mix-and-match bit. Whether in the press or in person, the perfumes are sold as spectacular on their own, but also amazing in combination. I think the pairing the Bloomingdales sales associate was telling me about today was Neroli Portofino and Arabian Wood. Interesting as a cultural notion, I suppose, but really? Really?? I thought the assemble-your-own esthetic was considered fairly dime-store and ran out of steam at about the sophistication level of the Jo Malone line. But then I tried Jonquille de Nuit.

Jonquille de Nuit isnít a narcissus solifor, but it does seem to paint a the notion of a particular spring floral tone, albeit a very jasmine-like one to my nose. Iíve read others whoíve have called it indolic, dirty. Tom calls it "de Nuit" and in the TF world that means dinner jackets and gowns, or oiled bodies---nothing in between. But to me itís springtime sunshine. It has that bursting at the cell wall acceleration of Spring flowers that suggests water, oiliness, flow, viscosity, rigid stems, crisp flower and dirt all at once. The topnotes are not terribly complex, but Jonquille de Nuit is balanced and buoyant. As the topnotes fade, though, it gets plucked petal by petal and lands on Ďhe loves me notí with a recognizably floral note, but one that is thinner, flatter and sweeter than the opening Spring still-life. Here, I suppose, is the flower of the mix and match premise.

If these perfumes are to be combined willy-nilly to form Ďpersonalizedí fragrances, they must be fairly simplistic in construction or the outcome would be a pile-up. So although Jonquille de Nuit appears to aim for a deliberate simplicity that might lend itself to the indiscriminate combining of perfumes, I donít really buy it.

from scenthurdle.com

31st May, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The main problem with this scent on my scent is the generic nature of its synthetic-floral composition. There are brief moment where a bit buttery daffodil, of narcissus or violet shines through, but otherwise a dull floral-ness with a bit of a mildly powdery finale. Not bad, but not interesting either.

06 April, 2013

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

Prominently floral, with mildly soapy-indolic facets reminiscent of white flowers, tinged with the greenish bitter aspects of violet leaf. To say this smells of narcissus would be a blatant lie especially for someone who has never come across a narcissus plant in his life. And I'm not a liar.

In sillage JONQUILLE DE NUIT smells rather attractive as a clean green floral without coming across overtly feminine. But I can't quite shake off the searing chemical imprints of a house that seems content to paint its canvasses in big bold strokes with a broad brush, leaving empty spaces where nuances should fill. In the end, this is a floral automaton that makes no attempt to replicate the majesty of a living and breathing flower.

23 January, 2013