Café Rose (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Café Rose

Café Rose is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2012

Café Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Café Rose

Tom Ford's entry into the world of rose/saffron perfumes.

It's mostly a textbook affair, rose and leathery rubbery saffron over the usual patchouli and sandalwood, with a pinch of kitchen herbs giving some green to the topnotes. Café Rose shakes things up just a bit with a quiet animalic growl down in the depths, and a burnt undertone that I'm guessing is supposed to be the coffee. But the thing it does to really separate itself from the pack of similar perfumes is a glossy metallic/plastic sheen over everything.

This seems well crafted, but not especially compelling given the myriad of similar choices. I can't help but think that Montale must have a dozen aoud perfumes by now that do what this does better, and I don't care much for the plastic/metal buzz, so I'm going to vote neutral.
05th September, 2018
It’s not bad, I have to give it the thumbs up. But it’s nothing but a very good, soft rose. I was expecting something more.
26th December, 2017
Just a small café,
But gorgeous spicy rose and
Norlimbo dance moves.
25th October, 2017
Really nice patchouli rose, but nothing exceptional. I was hoping for a fun coffee fragrance, and it's there but it's subtle. It's like holding a bouquet of garden roses to your nose in the coffee aisle of the grocery store.
18th February, 2017
Cafe rose for me has unbelievable longevity and is my favourite private blend as well as m first owned niche perfume. On skin I get atleast 15 hours, it is one of the few perfumes that i can constantly smell upon myself.

I must also add I absolutely the transition this fragrance makes from being a very spicy mature like rose smell moving towards a nice thick patchouli based dry down.

This fragrance here I must say opened my eyes towards niche perfume. A truly sublime edition to the private blends.
06th January, 2017
"Honey, here is a rose scent you might like"
I spritz it on a card and sniff...
"Ummm Rose and spice"
My wife says hold on while she hunts down the coffee beans to sniff..
"Ok...let me sniff"
I give her the card and she inhales.
"Umm..Where did the rose go?"
"Well dear it was there a moment ago."
05th July, 2016

Add your review of Café Rose

Shop for Café Rose products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Café Rose

There are no member images of Café Rose yet. Why not be the first?