Cadillac Black (2009)

Year of Launch2009
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseCadillac

About Cadillac Black

Cadillac Black is a masculine fragrance by Cadillac. The scent was launched in 2009

Cadillac Black fragrance notes

Reviews of Cadillac Black

This is not in the same vein as Joop Homme, Mont Blanc Individuel , or Creed’s Original Santal. I do not get that from Cadillac Black EDT. What I got from this fragrance on the first applications was a soapy, woody, & floral scent (It may have been the Cedar that I was picking up on). After wearing for a while I realized what this reminded me of. This is a clone of the popular JPG Le Male! Where the original Le Male formulation goes powdery, this instead goes soapy. Cadillac Black is definitely an elegant barbershop & gives you that clean vibe! Both are clean, but this gets a bit sweeter in my opinion (maybe the cinnamon?). Is it a bit synthetic – probably, but you should expect that at this price point. I definitely get that Le Male “plastic” smell that some people have made reference to. The longevity is great on this EDT (8+ hours on my skin), however in testing, I don’t think it projects well. Apply liberally, because this one doesn’t push out too far & tends to hover above the skin. Why would I recommend purchasing this bottle? Number one, Cadillac Black is a good night out scent & just like Le Male women like it. It is a classy, masculine scent that inspires confidence. 2) The price won’t set you back. You can pick this one up for $15 to $20. If I recall, I purchased at Ross for around $16. Definitely a good cheapie! 3) You enjoy barbershop fragrances. 4) Finally, Le Male has been reformulated! The reformulated version does not smell or perform nearly as good as the original. It is not powdery, nor is it a powerhouse! The vintage is a much darker juice/better formulation. A reformulated bottle will last 4-5 hours & project for the first hour! I have compared this to the reformulation & actually prefer the Cadillac fragrance! Overall, great value & I am quite satisfied with this purchase!
29th February, 2016
I bought this fragrance a while back and I really like it. I had not worn it in sometime, but I tried it a few weeks ago and was surprised how nice it was. In my opinion this fragrance closely resembles Creed Original Santal or Mont Blanc Individuel. This fragrance can be had for about $12 online. For the price it is worth the buy.
06th May, 2015
This review is for the BLACK version...

It smells like a knock - off of Le Male by JPG. Not bad, but kinda cheap. I gave it to my 6 year old to wear to school. He loves the stuff.
22nd November, 2012
Wise Owl Show all reviews
Cadillac Black is essesntially an inexpensive, less potent Le Male clone. As such it does stay very close to the skin, but you do get an average amount of longevity from it which is not bad when you take price into consideration. If you're a Le Male fan and are after something similar but cheaper and more subtle then this a good buy.
14th October, 2012