Dangerous Complicity (2012)

Dangerous Complicity information

Year of Launch2012

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange

About Dangerous Complicity

Dangerous Complicity is a shared / unisex perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange. The scent was launched in 2012

Dangerous Complicity fragrance notes

Reviews of Dangerous Complicity

Ex Machina Director Alex Garland 2014
03rd September, 2017
As I delve more and more into the realm of perfume collecting, I find that the names of fragrances hardly ever match the product inside the bottle. Such is the case, here. I'm okay with that. I'm getting used to it. I digress.

This one starts with a blast of tropical frozen cocktail notes of rum, ginger, and coconut. That is about as "dangerous" as this gets. A few moments later a layer of calamus, osmanthus, jasmine, and patchouli waft over me like a breeze filled, tranquil afternoon. It's calming. Kind of sweet. Kind of, interesting. It dries down into a powdery base, with a leather note, sandalwood, and cashmere wood. It's a safe perfume for any occasion. It's too girly to be a unisex scent, in my opinion. It would make a good workday perfume. Neutral enough, for a first date.

I'm a sucker for powdery scents. Overall the end result is more than satisfactory enough for my tastes.

And... Dang! This stuff grows on me the more I wear it. It is like a chameleon. It seems to vary its charm on every wearing.
11th July, 2017 (last edited: 20th July, 2017)
This is a very pleasant, neutral sort of fragrance - nice for an office job or any other place that calls for a more subtle scent.

While I'm no expert at picking out individual notes I can usually manage a few, but I'm struggling with this one. Some florals and . . . woods, I guess. Certainly nothing "dangerous." It does seem more feminine than masculine.

I don't really have anything negative to say, but I guess I was expecting something more . . .

Eta: I upgraded my rating of this after I found myself reaching for it multiple times. It's not an exciting fragrance, and I don't love the powdery opening, but it's still a nicely blended scent for everyday. I really like the subtle leather note in the drydown. I wouldn't have expected a pleasant daytime frag from EldO, but here it is . . .

18th May, 2016 (last edited: 03rd June, 2016)
This one is like a Thai version of a Jimmy Buffett song. Unfortunately the composition favors the jasmine and synthetic woods to the extent that that the top notes, which one would expect to be bright and festive, are utterly subdued. Idea > execution.
31st January, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A fruity and somewhat lifeless coconut opening with a ginger lining is followed by a jasmine-dominant floral drydown. The base notes are wood-based, with a hint of synthetic sandalwood that sports a leathery amber sidekick.

The perfomance is disappointing with soft sillage, just adequate projection and three hours of longevity on my skin.

This is not a bad scent for autumn, but it is quite generic and dangerously unexciting, and after the drydown starts to develop it is on the dull and boring side. Middle-of-the-range. 2.5/5.

14th January, 2016
I will say at the outset that I am not familiar with many of ELDO's works. I have worn this one and Afternoon of a Faun. I was a little put off by the notes listed for this frag, but it turns out very well for my skin; gentle, flowery, but a bit different from the many other perfumes in my cabinet. I understand that this line is known for "edgy", and this particular juice is not that. However, I wanted to put in a good word for it. On its own, and without comparing it to other works by ELDO, I find this to be a lovely and wearable scent. It is NOT a department store celebrity juice at all. The dry down is my favorite aspect. I admit to a lack of savvy when describing perfume, so I apologize for that. I still think this one could be considered unisex.
06th January, 2015

Add your review of Dangerous Complicity

Shop for Dangerous Complicity products online

Search Amazon for Dangerous Complicity

Member images of Dangerous Complicity

There are no member images of Dangerous Complicity yet. Why not be the first?

Dangerous Complicity News