Lyn Harris : Le Noir (2012)
    by Marks and Spencer

Lyn Harris : Le Noir Fragrance notes

Bergamot, Mandarin, Lavender, Tarragon, Pimento Berries, Patchouli, Amber

Reviews of Lyn Harris : Le Noir

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Marais's avatar
    Marais

A sweetish patchouli/amber scent with good longevity and projection. There's a pleasing and unusual cola-type note which, along with a hint of incense, reminds me of Idole de Lubin (Le Noir is heavier and denser though, thanks mainly to the patchouli). Apparently aimed at men, I'd say this one is unisex. Not bad but a tad too sweet for me.

Thumb on the horizontal, with occasional hesitant twitches skywards. A safe option for the works 'secret santa'.

Le Sauvage is the best of the three 'masculines' to me, although I suspect the easygoing Le Noir is the most popular.

09 April, 2014

d_l_esmond's avatar
    d_l_esmond

After a bit of an expedition, I managed to get to a Marks and Spencer store that stocks this range. I tried all three male fragrances. I think this one is the best of the three, at least on projection and longevity.
    It starts well, with a strong, warm, rich, spicy and heady mix. It was suggestive of a rose somehow. But then the patchouli takes over, quite fast and stays dominant for the rest of the time. Dries down to a pleasant patchouli-amber base. I feel that this can be quite comfortably unisex, as there is a bit of rounded sweetness at the beginning and the amber towards the end.
    I went to the shop determined to buy at least one of the range. I might have to try it again, as I wasnít convinced that there is any distinction or surprise here. While I am trying very hard not to be snobbish here (this is a product for a bland high street shop), I canít help feeling that something is missing.

21st December, 2012