Liquid Night (2012)
    by A Lab on Fire

Average Rating:

Liquid Night Fragrance Notes

Liquid Night information

Liquid Night is a unisex fragrance by A Lab on Fire. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Liquid Night products online

60ml EdP

Reviews of Liquid Night

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

The almighty, one and only Iso E Super. Nothing else here. Not saying Liquidnight smells bad, it shows the usually set of nuances of this aromachemical (a warm, woody cedar-incense-spices blend), but first, speaking about niche, Molecule 01 did that already and "openly", and second, you can get the same by buying a way cheaper bottle of Iso E and diluting it yourself. I get that many people are legitimately not that interested in how a perfume is made, and Liquidnight surely smells nice, but... come on!

22nd July, 2014

gmstrack's avatar

I was looking forward to sniffing Liquidnight by A Lab on Fire; according to the note list, the composition centers around incense, woods, and vanilla, so I was expecting to instantly like Liquidnight. Unfortunately, I applied high quality car freshener to my skin. The incense note lacked depth and smoky heft while the woods and musk coalesced to form a sterile base.

2.5/5

24th December, 2013

RichNTacoma's avatar

Compex, sweet and citrus insense

This is a really complex scent with a lot going on. The sweet lime mixes with the incense at first, and after a while, a nice woodsiness comes into play. I enjoy this, but the sweetness is perhaps a bit extreme for my tastes, and it last, on my skin, for a good long time. Well made and well crafted, in my feeling.

26th August, 2013

Buysblind's avatar

Liquid Night: Review by Buysblind

Liquid Night could easily be a popular high-end designer fragrance intended for the fall and winter. It has a modern feel and an immediately appealing quality to it along the lines of La Nuit de L'Homme, Allure, or Spicebomb. It definitely seems like an evening fragrance that could be worn in either casual or romantic situations with equal success.

It opens sweet and spicy with a touch of lime. I've noticed that Saffron can often create a 'bubblegum' effect (for example, in Spicebomb), and this is exactly what I get beneath the peppery top. So the opening is spicy (peppery to my nose, though pepper is not listed as a note), and sweet with a marked bubblegum flavor.

As Liquid Night settles in after about 10 or 15 minutes, 4 distinct notes emerge: Hinoki Wood, Incense, Vanilla, and Musk. Hinoki Wood lends a crisp, almost lemony cedar quality to the fragrance which tempers the sweetness well and blends smoothly with the spicy top. It prevents the fragrance from becoming overly sweet and is a welcome addition. The incense is middle-of-the-road (not too ashy, not too smoky) and combined with the vanilla it really helps round out the fragrance. I like the fact that the parfumeur chose a medium to light bodied incense here as it maintains a certain levity, or upbeat quality that could have been ruined by a heavier choice. After all, this seems like a fragrance designed for a social night out--not a night of dark, contemplative brooding!

Beneath everything, the musk gives Liquid Night that final, romantic edge, melding the fragrance with your skin and pushing it just a bit to the mysterious side.

This is not a demanding fragrance, but it's appealing and is actually pretty interesting. There's excellent play between the notes and the inclusion of Hinoki wood makes it unique. In addition, it has a smooth radiance, characterized by a warm transparency which never feels heavy or cloying.

If you're looking for a spicy, woody, vanilla-based fragrance to wear in the evening when you go out, that's easy to pull off but still unique, you should definitely consider taking a look at Liquid Night.

Pros: Smells good, Easy to Pull Off, Pretty Complex
    Cons: You may not like the sweet opening

18th June, 2013

MapOfTheWoods's avatar

This is yet another scent I originally bought for my lady friend, and wound up wearing it more than she has or will.

I find this pretty easy to review based on how it smells on her rather than on me. At first, I get this VERY sweet, feminine vibe from it. Mostly sharp top notes. This instantly reminds me of something else I used to smell on girls back in high school... I never asked what it was. I imagine it was some sort of body spray...
    After a while, this turns into something pretty special, and it seems to me that it leans more toward the masculine side of things.

We get the citrus right away... it's more like a "sweaty hot day" citrus... like a very ripe lime left in the sun to bake. After a while it turns into something I can describe as "clean/fresh"... not powdery or feminine, not shower or soap. Just something uplifting and pleasant. I like the mid-notes on this the best, as the bottom notes usually begin to remind me of MANY other things out there, vanilla/musk/blahblahblah. I think if we stuck a honey note in there somewhere, it would seal the deal..

This lasts and lasts. I've found that it will stay on my skin over the course of a day and into the next, easily. Projection: people will notice. If you're easy on the sprayer, you'll get people wanting to stand closer to you so they can smell you. If you get wild and spray more than 2 sprays, you'll be asking for others to step further away.

Overall, I find this a very "nature-y" scent, which I love. I believe that nobody should buy this one blind. As far as the unisex label, I'd say that's a safe way to describe it.

04th May, 2013 (Last Edited: 05th May, 2013)

sjohnjay's avatar

Good....but not spectacular.
    The initial hour or so reminds me of Cacharel's NEMO (if this is a sufficient reference point).
    Starts out very sweet; never truly loses all the sweetness, but progressively develops from top notes, all the way to the remaining base notes 36 hours later.
    Slowly morphs into something wild, and toward the masculine end of the "unisex" spectrum.
    A creative and intoxicating hybrid of Hinoki and Vanilla.
    Great buy for a reasonable price.

10th February, 2013