Pegasus (2011)

Pegasus information

Year of Launch2011

HouseParfums de Marly

About Pegasus

Pegasus is a masculine fragrance by Parfums de Marly. The scent was launched in 2011

Pegasus fragrance notes

Reviews of Pegasus

Partially metallic and slightly powdery, Pegasus plays on an olfactory theme previously explored in Amouage's Reflection Man and Lancome's Hypnose. However, here the accords of almond and vanilla are taken to a sweeter level and the fragrance sits in a bit of a higher register than the others. These accords are the focus of Pegasus and drive it for the duration of the scent. Behind it you get the impression of a clean yet kind of vague blend of lavender, amber, and florals of a sweeter variety. For the most part, Pegasus is linear and it uses a fair amount of synthetics in its composition. Personally, this doesn't bother me as I don't find them particularly harsh or scratchy here, they're just sort of the standard Parfums de Marly synthetics that we find in many of their scents. I love the way Pegasus smells. I find its sweet, aromatic composition of almond and vanilla upbeat and, for lack of a better word, kind of yummy. It's fairly versatile, as I've worn it to work and on nights out and found it right at home in both situations. Overall, it has a semi-casual, friendly appeal.

Pegasus performs very well, with strong projection and excellent longevity (over 8 hours). In my experience it works best when applied sparingly with just two, or maybe three solid sprays. Applying it in this manner I catch nice wafts of it throughout the day and other people notice it as well, but it doesn't become intrusive or overbearing. Go heavy on the trigger and you'll pay the price, as the smell can become very annoying and dominant when over-applied. I've gotten several compliments on Pegasus since wearing it, for those of you who care about such things, and haven't received any negative comments or dirty looks. This one gets a thumbs up as it's another appealing, though kind of familiar offering from Parfums de Marly. I recommend it for sampling with the possibility that you may like it enough to buy it. Final score: 8.5/10
24th December, 2017
Commercial crowd pleasing offering from PDM.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think this juice is fantastic. I love Amouage Reflection Man and the similarities are undeniable. Pegasus has a beautiful almond note running through it which Reflection doesn't have. I also feel that Pegasus can be worn much easier on a casual basis.

Great projection and longevity.

For me it doesn't warrant a full bottle on the basis that the similarities to Reflection are too strong. I really can't see the point in owning both!!
15th November, 2017 (last edited: 16th November, 2017)
Not a bad scent but nothing incredible. I'm getting lots of powder and creamy sweetness, kinda reminds me of MIP, but not as interesting. I also detect some anise. Very good projection, doesn't take much to get noticed.
23rd January, 2017
Nothing groundbreaking, but it's ok. A strong almond note with a synthetic background of vanilla and a hint of sandalwood. For the price, there are better fragrances out there that would impress the consumers taste.
09th January, 2016 (last edited: 09th November, 2016)
Erok32 Show all reviews
I believe this to be the most commercially pleasing offering from Perfumes de Marly. Initially, it is a vanilla/lavender bomb, in a similar vein to Le Male, but with a heavy dose of anise and coriander. The initial spice is extremely interesting and appealing to my nose.

30 minutes in, the spice quickly fades as the almond comes forward. The dry, smooth, authentic vanilla shines for the duration of the wearing.

24th October, 2015
Parfums de Marly's Pegasus takes flight with a burst of vanilla, almond, and what seems to me like a combination of anise and root beer barrel (the candy), which is my best attempt to pull a Bellerophon and capture this scent. I find its acerbity and depth more noteworthy than its sweetness, so I'd say that you have to enjoy the more bitter aspects of the above notes in order to appreciate it. It's a sweet fragrance in the sense that its most easily-identifiable notes are gourmand and are themselves sweet rather than salty, sour, savory, etc., but I wouldn't call it a sweet fragrance in comparison to other sweet fragrances that I'm more familiar with. To me, it's good, not great, as a cold weather day/night option. I find it stimulating but I wouldn't say that I like it a ton.

Its longevity and projection are slightly poorer than the only other fragrance of PDM that I've tried, Herod (which seems to be very popular in the community), but Herod is really superb in most ways, so it's a tough comparison.

Pegasus is really a scent that you need to try on your own skin, though, given some polarized reviews. It definitely gives more than a foot of projection, and longevity is in the 6-8 hour range (including a shower in the middle), after which it becomes a skin scent.

Gender-wise, it could go either way--I wouldn't be uncomfortable wearing it as a man, though it's not especially masculine.

This isn't one I would likely use often, anyway, but the price ($275 for 125ml) is prohibitive unless you're a big fan of it, whereas I can understand others being willing to spend more for Herod. I look forward to trying other PDM fragrances, though.

6 out of 10
19th February, 2015 (last edited: 20th February, 2015)

Add your review of Pegasus

Shop for Pegasus products online

Shop for Pegasus at online perfumeries

Parfums de Marly Pegasus Carded Sample Size Spray Vial

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 21:09:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $1.69

Buy It Now for only: $8.47

Buy It Now for only: $8.47

Buy It Now for only: $19.19
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

7 Parfums de Marly Samples ! Delina, Pegasus, Oajan,& More!

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 11:17:00 PST