Herod Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Herod

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

andROIDs's avatar
    andROIDs

I had really high hopes for this fragrance. I was about to blind buy it because people compared it to Tobacco Vanille, but there is no comparison to TV. The opening smells like OXY Acne Cleansing Pads. I haven't had acne for a long time, but it brought me right back to my teenage years. It feels cool when I go to sniff it on my skin almost like menthol or mint. A few moments later I start to smell the tobacco with a hint of honey and vanilla, but it doesn't last long on my skin. After a couple hours I get a faint s'mores like scent similar to Tobacco Vanille, but it doesn't have much sillage. It's also very expensive and only comes in 4.2 oz.

30th January, 2014

Stinkpot's avatar
    Stinkpot

I've heard this compared to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but I like this better. Not as sweet as TV, the vanilla is more subdued and the tobacco is more up front. While TV is unisex, Herod is much more clearly masculine. Fairly linear, lasts a long time, but projection is modest.

Pros: Great tobacco scent, masculine
    Cons: Hard to find, expensive

01st January, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

I can see some people comparing this to "Tobacco Vanille" from "Tom Ford" so I was really excited to test it and see how this one work against TV.
    When you spray this fragrance on your skin and you're smelling it, first thing that attack your nose is lots of spices and semi sweet vanilla smell.
    There are lots of spices, specially cinnamon and some black pepper that creating a bitter spicy scent.
    They're strong but not offensive.
    There is a light incense scent that give the smell a smoky aroma but not too much.
    The semi sweet vanilla scent also exist that tune down those spices.
    There is no sign of tobacco yet so it doesn't smell like "TV" at all!
    As time goes by, the spices settle down and now tobacco kick in.
    The scent also start to warm up and get sweeter in honey like way and this is where you will find similarities with "TV".
    The tobacco note in "Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille" smell like wet tobacco leafs, but in this one, tobacco note smell like dried and herbal tobacco.
    Tom Ford doesn't have strong spices (it's softer against this) but this one does, and the cinnamon scent give it a bitter scent.
    Tobacco Vanille is simpler and definitely has better quality against this, but this one is a little more complex and a little more masculine because of strong spices.
    Tobacco vanille is more sexy and yummy, but this one is richer and heavier.
    Projection and longevity both are great even it's an EDT concentration.
    All and all, it's a really good sweet and spicy tobacco based fragrance which has some similarities with "Tobacco Vanille" but at the same time it's something different.
    If I had to put a number for similarities between this and "Tobacco Vanille", it's going to be 50 percent!
    Personally I prefer "Tobacco Vanille".

23 December, 2013

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

A deep and rich vanilla, not too sweet, rounded by languid, cured tobacco accents. Has a brief and brisk fizz of spice at the top and the plumping out of fruity osmanthus tones in the heart. Comforting, had the potential for greatness were it not for dismal projection. Also holding it back is the dulling of its main notes as time wears on, perhaps a result of an unfortunate loading up of the base with airbrush musks.

03 December, 2013

Balvon's avatar
    Balvon
    Lithuania Lithuania

Warm comfort scent

Very warm complex tabacco, vanilla and spices scent. Comfortable and lovely. Must have

17 August, 2013

dodooo's avatar
    dodooo
    Turkey Turkey

It's one of good vanilla-tobacco based scent. More than 5-6 of my friends who smelled it,says oh its an amazing scent. It has really appealing opening, but it's sillage is not good as its first effect. Longevitiy is moderate on me, nearly 5-6 hours.

I really like the scent, but I wish it would have better performance. If it has monster sillage and longevity, it would be a real lady killer scent.

13 February, 2013