Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar (2012)
by Guerlain

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar information

Year of Launch2012
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar

Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Reviews of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar

The Madagascar version of Ode a la Vanille has been on my try list for a very long time and I was fortunate enough to track down a sample of it. I’ll be making comparisons to the original Shalimar here(not the original 2010 Ode a la Vanille). Madagascar is classified as a woody oriental fragrances. At the opening I got the familiar bergamot opening although not quite as intense and sharp as the original. Noticeably, there was a bit of citrus and lemon notes that contrasted the bergamot which softened up the opening. The opening toned down rather quickly allowing for the rich iris florals in the middle of the scent to present itself along with the vanilla note that is already starting to peak out. Soon after at the base, the vanilla began to intensify taking center stage and quickly dominating the other notes that become present in the scent. Aside from the vanilla, other prominent notes that were noticeable in this scent as well as in the original included leather, balsamic notes from the opoponax, smokey incense, and wood notes. Even though the notes were mentioned in both, many of these notes weren’t nearly pronounced in Madagascar which had an effect on the drydown. The drydown maintained a strong presence of vanilla with both a smokey and woody tinge to it. It’s also worth mentioning that the drydown wasn’t as animalistic as compared to the original. Longevity and silage were decent with 8 hours in longevity while silage was moderate for the first few hours before staying closer to the skin. Cooler weather conditions would be ideal when wearing this as it could be a little overbearing in warmer weather. As for my thoughts on it, I enjoyed this one a lot. I think Ode a la Vanille Madagascar is much more approachable than the original especially if one struggles with the opening and its slight animalistic feel at the base. It has both a comforting and sensual feel to it that just doesn’t disappoint. Sadly this has been discontinued for quite some time and its very difficult to find now. Due to its scarcity, I don’t expect to acquire a bottle of this fragrance but if an opportunity presents itself then I may reconsider.
04th September, 2016
While I enjoy the fragrance, it gave me an immediate headache.......when that subsided after 2 hours, I actually smelled like a cake cooking in the oven.......while these smells are nice, I dont particularly want to smell like a cake , if I'm honest.
I bought it off Ebay and its going back on there asap. Its not horrible, but it isnt going to work for me.
15th December, 2014

Add your review of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar

Shop for Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar products online

Search Amazon for Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar

Member images of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar

There are no member images of Shalimar Ode à la Vanille : Sur la Route de Madagascar yet. Why not be the first?