Mountain High (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseSmell Bent
PerfumerBrent Leonesio

About Mountain High

Mountain High is a shared / unisex perfume by Smell Bent. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Brent Leonesio

Reviews of Mountain High

Big thumbs up for this offering from Smell Bent. I love the smell of cannabis and was delighted with the potency of the cannabis note in Mountain High - it is up front, juicy, sweet, and strong. Because I love this note so much, I layer the oil with the EDT spray and get at least 1-2 hours of it. Without layering the two, I get a soft 15-20 minutes with the oil and a louder 15 minutes with the EDT.

Shortly after application, the fir and lavender notes emerge and combine with the cannabis exceptionally well, such that the cannabis becomes less pronounced and the overall effect both woodsy and a bit powdery. This is my favorite stage of Mountain High, which lasts a couple of hours with the oil/EDT layering.

Before the cannabis/fir/lavender accord wears off, the vanilla and tonka emerge and combine to sweeten the scent quite a bit. I enjoy this stage quite a bit but it's a wee too bit sweet for me.

The last several hours of Mountain High consists of the sweetened lavender accord with some sandalwood - although the notes pyramid lists patchouli, I don't smell any. This, too, is an enjoyable experience, moreso than the sweeter middle.

I've tried two other cannabis-based scents - Demeter's Cannabis Flower and DSH's Rocky Mountain High - and the Smell Bent beats them both. The Demeter's cannabis note (very dry compared to Smell Bent's) is good for the first 10-15 minutes then turns harsh and chemically. It also is very linear and has none of the depth that Mountain High has. DSH's Rocky Mountain High is a great scent, but it is more wood-based and less nuanced than the Smell Bent. It is extremely dry and has very little sweetness. Because it is less dimensional than the Smell Bent, DHS's Mountain High is a great scent to layer with others (e.g., SMN Patchouli, I Profumi di Firenze's Tabacco).
30th October, 2015
I think Brent wisely decided to discontinue this one. I got the perfume oil during the last garage sale. I haven't used perfume oils since my early sandalwood-and-white-mask-Body-Shop years (late 80s early 90s). I thought that the oil would last longer and have a milder but potent silage. Mountain High started with a beautiful cannabis note that swiftly mellowed to a nice green-sweet accord. This transition took place within 15 minutes after application on my skin. Then the perfume just slowly disappeared! I used the perfume oil both in the North and in the South of Europe (dry-cold and humid-warm climates), a few times I over-applied but whatever I did the perfume just had minimal longevity and almost no projection. Neither my partner nor I could smell the perfume on me, in other words it is not that I grew anosmic to it. In effect I used the 10ml perfume-oil vial in a bit less than two weeks vexed by the fact that I could not get it last or project. I wrote to Brent enquiring if maybe that batch of Mountain High had somehow gone bad but, however polite he had been while I was ordering, he never replied. Anyway, this was a joy killer because I had "high" expectations and this perfume oil did not deliver. I also purchased Debonair, which is still in production, and I can tell you the difference is huge. Based on only the two perfumes that I have got I have started thinking that Smell Bent is not niche... maybe one day an upscale Demeter?! Well, the future will tell.
20th June, 2015

Add your review of Mountain High

Shop for Mountain High products online

Search Amazon for Mountain High

Member images of Mountain High

There are no member images of Mountain High yet. Why not be the first?