Saffron Rose (2012)

Saffron Rose information

Part of the Black Label Collection

Shop for Saffron Rose products online

Reviews of Saffron Rose

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

lanvinelle's avatar

Germany Germany

This is a gorgeous soft and dry saffron rose.Most other saffron rose offerings tend to be too aggressive,but this is as smooth as a cashmere sweater. Luckily I do not get the aoud note.
    I can imagine it would make an excellent fragrance for a winter bride.

16 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 31st August, 2014)

lpp's avatar

England England

Very nice saffron opening, and becomes a classy scent, but agree that the price may be a drawback as for any quality item, at £175/50 ml, the most expensive of the 'Black Label' issue.

21st March, 2013 (Last Edited: 24 January, 2014)

farang's avatar

Thailand Thailand

This is obviously an oud-saffron-rose fragrance with high quality ingredients. This may explain the quality of the fragrance, and also the high price. Rosam by HDP is quite similar, but with a lower price, so I'd rather go for that one.

11th March, 2013 (Last Edited: 18 March, 2013)

David Ruskin's avatar

The very best of the most recent launches from Grossmith. If you like Saffron and Leather, you will love this. Heavy and rich with masses of Castoreum and Styrax, it is a fragrance that will polarise, I feel.

For the smell alone I give it a "thumbs up", but it is very, VERY expensive (or do I live in a different world); £250.00 for 50.0 mls. Well I think that is a lot. It was explained to me by the SA who was trying to sell me the stuff that it was so expensive because it was "pure perfume". "As opposed to what ?", I thought. It is still diluted in alcohol, and I'm not sure what else goes into other perfumes that don't cost as much. Anyway, it is good; just wished it was cheaper.

04 December, 2012

Gblue's avatar

This is a bloody good oud. Smell it when you get the chance.

13 November, 2012