Fields of Rubus (2012)

• Perfumer: John Pegg
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Fields of Rubus Fragrance notes

Raspberry, Plum, Apple, Tobacco wood, Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar, Patchouli

Fields of Rubus information

Fields of Rubus is a unisex fragrance by Kerosene. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Fields of Rubus

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Allen-on-Holiday's avatar

THE OPENING SMELLS JUST LIKE PAINT! Yes, it opens really loud, and I suspect the patchouli is mostly what gives it that paint smell. But in a couple of minutes, that fresh paint opening reveals the raspberry, plum, and apple notes that smell so good. Itís too bad they donít last very long before the woody drydown starts. Thankfully, the cedar note isnít as strong as the patchouli, which I think blends well with the vanilla, although I'm not crazy about patchouli in general. The opening, after that initial blast of paint, reminds me of a breakfast buffet with plenty of jam, but the drydown is woody and patchouli and reminds me of Home Depot. Overall, I think the fruit, vanilla, and patchouli blend is slightly interesting, and sometimes I like the smell of Home Depot. Yes, it reminds me of lumber, but BRIGHT lumber, if that makes any sense. I think $140 is steep, but, overall, so far, I am impressed with Kerosene's line. I might have given a Thumbs Up, if not for the price.

13 March, 2014 (Last Edited: 27 June, 2014)

Meow7's avatar

Gorgeous Fragrance!

Fields of Rubus notes: Raspberry, Plum, Apple, Tobacco Wood, Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar, and Patchouli

Gorgeous. Long Lasting. Great Sillage. The Kerosene blurb says that this opens with jammy sweetness, I'd say more raspberry jammy then sweetness! It is not a sweet scent per-se. On me, the patchouli is front and center all the way thru the drydown. The mix of fruits and woods is done very well. The drydown is just divine, with musk, sandalwood, vanilla and again, patchouli in the mix. Love! Love! Love!

Pros: Earthy, great sillage, perfect blending of ingredients!
    Cons:

17 August, 2013

Birdboy48's avatar

Was visiting my sister, just in time for her samples of this whole line to arrive. After sniffing them all, this was the one I liked the most. Rose-like, with an incense overlay. I'm still making my peace with the idea of rose fragrances for men, but this one might change my mind.

Everyone to their own taste when it comes to fragrance of course, but if you are thinking of sampling this line, this is one you might want to include.

25 December, 2012