Intense Oud (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseJovan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty

About Intense Oud

Intense Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Jovan. The scent was launched in 2012

Intense Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Intense Oud

The initial blast of this is actually nice, and somewhat promising. I get more rose than anything. Very similar to the greenish rose from Rose 31. However, this very very quickly dies down, (within seconds) and reveals its inner shell. A cheap, plasticy smelling oud. It almost smells like those blowing bubbles too, if you smell the liquid inside. Sort of like a really cheap bubble bath with no particular flavor. As it dries, it kind of has this chlorine smelling undertone, like you know when you get out of the pool, and your skin has that faint chlorine smell. I really don't like this at all. The oud in here is not good, and barely even smells like wood. More like an abundance of cheap chemicals, thrown together, trying to achieve the oud accord, and failing miserably.

The more it dies down, the slightly, ever so slightly better it gets. Becoming less chemical smelling, and a little more spicy, but not really in a good way either. I can't help but think of body odor.

Why this has 3 thumbs up is completely beyond me.. I think this is one of the worst smelling fragrances I have ever smelled. You be the judge though, it's quite cheap!
13th September, 2014
The first thing that came to my mind in the opening was some sort of plastic. Like some of the other reviewers mentioned, this one gets better the longer it's on your skin. After about 20 minutes the plastic accord dissipates and what your left with is what feels like a modern industrial type fragrance. Industrial in the way Nar.Rodriguez for Men has that wet cement smell, this has a very slightly smokey treated wood smell. A newly laid hardwood floor comes to mind. Sounds odd, which it is, but oddly enough it's wearable and likeable. Buy it.
16th July, 2014
When I first put this on, I didn't care for it but within a few minutes, I fell absolutely in love with it! It dried down to a BEAUTIFUL woody, resiny, spicy scent that I am crazy about. I just hope Jovan doesn't discontinue this one like they did my other favorite in the 1970's-Madame Jovan. I don't usually care for this house but every now and then, they come out with a real winner.
24th May, 2014
JDBIII Show all reviews
A raucous opening of Johnson's Baby Lotion, suntan lotion, and bubble gum. Perhaps a bit of plastic as well. If this had occurred in a niche scent It might be called edgy or odd. But, it is from Jovan. Don't let this deter you. This is a humorous scent and unlike any other oud scent I own. Gone is the smoky darkness and animalic haze. The top notes stay intact and quite linear for two hours then the oud starts sneaking in. Mild, bright and clever. I did not expect to like this scent as I haven't enjoyed much from Jovan since the 80's, but this blind buy has been a pleasant surprise. The marketing, with it's tones of black, gold, and burnt orange are way off track and insinuate a much heavier scent. And the price is quite affordable. Check it out.
20th May, 2014

Add your review of Intense Oud

Shop for Intense Oud products online

Shop for Intense Oud at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Intense Oud

Member images of Intense Oud

There are no member images of Intense Oud yet. Why not be the first?