The One Desire (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseDolce & Gabbana
SupplierGivaudan

About The One Desire

The One Desire is a feminine perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of The One Desire

There's a hint of sweetness in the opening, but it settles into bitter citrus before fading away shortly after. Very, very little sillage and longevity on me - I couldn't smell it at all unless my nose was on my skin. I'm a big fan of tuberose, so I was hoping for more from this one, but I could barely detect it. The quality of this one reminded me a lot of Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete by Dior, which was all citrus before dissipating almost immediately.
06th April, 2015
This is simply Estée Lauder's Beautiful in another bottle. In the 90s Estée Lauder was practically throwing mini bottles of Beautiful at you every time you even went near a counter - I had so many yet had never actually purchased a bottle. Back then I found Beautiful cloying and in your face - it smelled generically like 'perfume' - like everyone's mum, perfume counters all mixed together, and clothes shops, and body washes and shampoos etc etc but STRONG! And this D&G fragrance is an exact clone of that ( to be fair, maybe a slightly more rounded and complex clone, a little bit fruiter on the dry down, but still a clone!) This perfume smells like a woman who peaked in the 80s, hung on in the 90s but never evolved past that. This fragrance should have been in the realm of Christian Dior's Addict - warm, sultry, sophisticated vanilla, unique and ageless, but it never made it. 'Tis a shame.
26th April, 2014
Warm and full but very romantic

Lovely fragrance. Found today when shopping for something new and it stood apart from the rest for its warm tones of vanilla.

13th October, 2013
This is one of those fragrances that are shocking at first - at least if you're more into subtle fragrances - and then mellow into something warm, comfortable and still interesting. It reminds me of Lolita Lempicka EDP in that they both have a sharp berryish edge at first and then evolve into a warm vanilla. While Lolita is more of a winter vanilla, the Desire variant of vanilla has a more tropical-floral touch, and I can imagine wearing it on a summer evening.
04th April, 2013
I never met a D&G fragrance I didn't like. The One Desire is no exception.
After first applying this beautiful scent, it took me about five minutes to realize the startling similarities between Desire and Cartier's now discontinued So Pretty.
Where Desire has mandarin and bergamot in it's top notes with jasmine in the heart, So Pretty instead has these three identical notes on top. While So Pretty uses blackberry as a topnote, Desire uses instead plum nectar in its middle, which results in a very similar effect. Both rely upon Sandalwood and musk as a base. The drydown of Desire is heavenly, with soft caramel and vanilla. Longevity for me was exceptional, especially for a D&G. Like most D&G's, this was close to the skin for me.
The One Desire is described in ad campaigns as a fragrance of Desire, Seduction and Strength.
But it is not seductively beautiful. Rather, it's a classic beauty. But in a somewhat pristine, anesthetized way.
04th April, 2013

Add your review of The One Desire

Shop for The One Desire products online

Shop for The One Desire at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for The One Desire

Member images of The One Desire

There are no member images of The One Desire yet. Why not be the first?