New York Musk (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About New York Musk

New York Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2012

New York Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Musk

Bond No. 9 New York Musk seems to have the same DNA as New York Amber and New York Oud. As with those two, there's an appeal about it but something off about it at the same time.

Unsurprisingly there's a healthy dose of musk in Musk, along with a sweet blackcurrant accord to be make it more pleasant from the top down.

The base is just odd, though--the mix of patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, and musk serving to create a bit of a funk that I don't get quite find endearing, despite the fresh and fruity opening elements.

It is, in some sense, likable, season-versatile, and unisex, but there's something amiss enough about it that I'd steer clear rather than spray it on again.

6 out of 10
28th July, 2017
This was so sweet and overbearing (with just one tiny little spray) that I got sick of smelling it. I gave it to my wife to see if she likes it.
06th March, 2017
Very sharp floral opening that fades quickly to a modern light musk. This isn't what I think of or even remotely reference when it comes to a musk fragrance. Nothing animalistic in this at all. Almost smells like soap and has a feminine powder tone. I like the overall composition and wouldn't mind this on a young lady, but not anything I would wear. Lasts forever. Neutral for me.
20th December, 2016
Could this be a transgender Polo Green?
The opening is a strong one, and very sharp, almost worrisome, really. But a few minutes' wear smoothes this out into a bitter, green-tinged patchouli-vetiver with a lovely dose of nutmeg. My Lady hates overly green frags, so I don't see myself sporting this scent too often, but I would recommend it for green-woody fans, especially anyone looking for an update to the big 70's style.
25th December, 2015
Kaern Show all reviews
3 stages? NYM seems linear to me. A huge blast of green, florals, spices, musk and an unidentifiable sweetish wood and that's it -- for ever it seems. No performance issues at all.

So, pretty unexciting? Well, no as I find the fragrance as a whole to be very beautiful.

The price for 50ml is crazy though.
28th October, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
It opens with a fresh-fruity note that soon metamorphoses into a flowery drydown, but there is a slightly edgy musky undertone throughout. This white musk note is light, fairly soft and discrete, more a condiment than a centerpiece. Wood, a mild patchouli and a whiff of vetiver-freshness round it off. Without being of greatness or uniqueness, it is solid autumn scent but a tad lacking interesting development on my skin. Good silage and projection with four hours of longevity. Good to try for those who like their musk mild and as a faint background only
26th July, 2014

Add your review of New York Musk

Shop for New York Musk products online

Search Amazon for New York Musk

Member images of New York Musk

There are no member images of New York Musk yet. Why not be the first?