Roses Vanille (2011)

Roses Vanille information

Year of Launch2011

HouseMancera

About Roses Vanille

Roses Vanille is a shared / unisex perfume by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2011

Roses Vanille fragrance notes

Reviews of Roses Vanille

This is probably one of the fragrances that suits me better. I get lots of flattering compliments when I am wearing Roses Vanille. The longevity is impressive (48 hours, even after showering I can detect RV on my skin! On clothes and fabric it lasts even longer) and the sillage is bold but in a positive way. Some people knew I was in a hotel lounge bar just because they sensed the trail of RV. "There you are! I smelled your perfume, so nice!" "I knew you were here before seeing you! Which perfume are you wearing, I love it!".
RV does evolve very little on my skin, I have to admit, maybe a little faint zesty note at first but after that RV is sweetness, roses, vanilla. This may sound childish or suitable to a teenager but the vanilla here is a grown up teaser (blame it on a hint of white musk... I guess). I love it because, unlike Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford, I can smell RV on me all day, while to my nose TV disappears in an hour or so (but people around me do smell it, so unfair!). I will keep TV for colder evenings but RV is a winner all year round for me.
Longevity and sillage are worth the price tag ( 127 for 120 ml! That is the same price for a 50 ml of Malle frag!) and the bottle can be fully opened (for decanting in smaller vials or travel size bottles), plus it comes in a luxury fake leather fabric pouch to protect the perfume from light, just like a champagne glacette! Very cool.
I don't mind if some people think Mancera is a cheaper relative to Montale. I find RV a truly good catch and value for money. [To me it is way too sweet and flowery to suit a man, a nice masculine version could be Mancera Wild Rose Oud]
31st March, 2015
I get beer in a plastic cup. Next!
29th December, 2014
To be perfectly honest, I only ordered a sample of Roses Vanille when I saw all the reviews on Fragrantica comparing it to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. I love Noir de Noir. It gives me a lump in my throat every time I wear my little sample - there's something about it that reminds me of the Turkish Delight candy bar I used to eat as a kid - half rose water, half chocolate. It's nostalgia without the calories. But damn, it's expensive. So, I am always on the look-out for dupes.

Roses Vanille is an abject lesson on the heartache of buying into the whole "dupes" idea. No, it does not smell like Noir de Noir. It is perfectly lovely, in its own right, though, just like Meharees is wonderful in its own right and not just as a dupe of Musc Ravageur (which it only vaguely approximates anyway). It is a simple delight - roses, sugar, cream - but lasts forever and fills a room with a huge cloud of scent.

My neutral rating is due to two things. First of all, there is a stonking rubber oud note at the beginning that takes about an hour to dissipate completely and is something I am not sure anyone else seems to be picking up. But I assure you that it is there, and it sullies the simple prettiness of the basic rose and vanilla accord, which is the main point of the scent. Second, I miss the earthiness of the patchouli and truffles used in Noir de Noir to counterpoint the sweetness of the rose - the oud note doesn't perform the same function, sadly, because it is one of those stinky, rubbery oud notes that I don't really like.

But I realize that those things are only an issue for me and my sensitive nose, and in general, I think this scent is a real crowd pleaser. If you are sampling this one to buy, though, I also suggest getting hold of a sample of Tocade by Rochas, which is another fabulous rose and vanilla scent, perhaps the original one, and in my opinion, far more enjoyable than Mancera's version.
19th August, 2014
Roses Vanille is a nice unisex fragrance IMO. Starts off with a light rose and vanilla vibe. It has a slightly boozy (similar to a quality beer) smell on the initial spray. After about 15 minutes, I really began to appreciate RV. Mancera fragrances are pretty good and last all day. The only flaw which is small is the sprayers are hard to locate being that the sprayer and spout are both black. You may have to turn the sprayer around once or twice to see the hole on the sprayer. 8/10
12th March, 2014 (last edited: 26th September, 2014)
This is a a worthy alternative to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. It starts out with candied Rose and Vanilla then the rose makes way for a nice cedar dry down. This stuff is potent and it projects like a beast and should be in every collector's wardrobe. Mancera house has really impressed me thus far, waiting to get my The Aoud bottle from the UK.
24th March, 2013

Add your review of Roses Vanille

Shop for Roses Vanille products online

Shop for Roses Vanille at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Roses Vanille

Member images of Roses Vanille

There are no member images of Roses Vanille yet. Why not be the first?