Roses Vanille (2011)

Lemon, Rose, Water accord, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Musk

Roses Vanille information

Roses Vanille is a unisex fragrance by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of Roses Vanille

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

To be perfectly honest, I only ordered a sample of Roses Vanille when I saw all the reviews on Fragrantica comparing it to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. I love Noir de Noir. It gives me a lump in my throat every time I wear my little sample - there's something about it that reminds me of the Turkish Delight candy bar I used to eat as a kid - half rose water, half chocolate. It's nostalgia without the calories. But damn, it's expensive. So, I am always on the look-out for dupes.

Roses Vanille is an abject lesson on the heartache of buying into the whole "dupes" idea. No, it does not smell like Noir de Noir. It is perfectly lovely, in its own right, though, just like Meharees is wonderful in its own right and not just as a dupe of Musc Ravageur (which it only vaguely approximates anyway). It is a simple delight - roses, sugar, cream - but lasts forever and fills a room with a huge cloud of scent.

My neutral rating is due to two things. First of all, there is a stonking rubber oud note at the beginning that takes about an hour to dissipate completely and is something I am not sure anyone else seems to be picking up. But I assure you that it is there, and it sullies the simple prettiness of the basic rose and vanilla accord, which is the main point of the scent. Second, I miss the earthiness of the patchouli and truffles used in Noir de Noir to counterpoint the sweetness of the rose - the oud note doesn't perform the same function, sadly, because it is one of those stinky, rubbery oud notes that I don't really like.

But I realize that those things are only an issue for me and my sensitive nose, and in general, I think this scent is a real crowd pleaser. If you are sampling this one to buy, though, I also suggest getting hold of a sample of Tocade by Rochas, which is another fabulous rose and vanilla scent, perhaps the original one, and in my opinion, far more enjoyable than Mancera's version.

19th August, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Roses Vanille is a nice unisex fragrance IMO. Starts off with a light rose and vanilla vibe. It has a slightly boozy (similar to a quality beer) smell on the initial spray. After about 15 minutes, I really began to appreciate RV. Mancera fragrances are pretty good and last all day. The only flaw which is small is the sprayers are hard to locate being that the sprayer and spout are both black. You may have to turn the sprayer around once or twice to see the hole on the sprayer. 8/10

12th March, 2014 (Last Edited: 26th September, 2014)

Granola's avatar

This is a a worthy alternative to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir. It starts out with candied Rose and Vanilla then the rose makes way for a nice cedar dry down. This stuff is potent and it projects like a beast and should be in every collector's wardrobe. Mancera house has really impressed me thus far, waiting to get my The Aoud bottle from the UK.

24th March, 2013

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    ROSES VANILLE by Mancera Paris Perfumes, 120 ML, 4 FLoz. , Eau De Parfum.
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 13 days
    (* converted from AUD 164.8) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United Arab Emirates)
    Mancera Roses Vanille EDP Vial Sample 2ml 0.07oz New With Card
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    5ml decant NICHE perfume pick one: Boadicea, Etat Libre, MPeG, Mancera, Huitieme
    • Time Left: