Almond Cucumber (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseShay & Blue
PerfumerJulie Massé

About Almond Cucumber

Almond Cucumber is a feminine perfume by Shay & Blue. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Julie Massé

Almond Cucumber fragrance notes

Reviews of Almond Cucumber

An impulse summer buy that I left boxed for weeks, fearing I’d made a ghastly mistake. What had grabbed me in the shop was the cool and true just-sliced cucumber – why hadn’t anyone thought of it before? Who would want to smell like that? (Me! Me!) But having bought a small bottle, I lost my bottle a bit – what if this devolved into a synthetic mess that screamed ‘Cheapo aquatic!’?
The main surprise when I finally opened my box and wore it was how the cucumber interacted with the sweeter notes to give a suggestion of melon. It kind of weaves in and out, registering as a lovely, fresh cucumber, and then going into white melon mode before nodding towards the cucumber again. The almond is at first a touch of bitterness at the back of the throat, but is then pretty quiet and channelled in a floral direction, which seems like a missed opportunity. Eventually this fragrance turns into a transparent floral with cucumber on its breath and an odd thyme-like accent that, depending upon one’s mood, somehow works or is jarring as hell.
It’s weird, it’s a bit simple, it evokes water but in an almost jellied kind of way, it would probably work better as a soap. Toning down the sweetness would have helped enormously, making a starker, bolder statement.
What got to me eventually were the headachy aquatics coupled with impressive persistence – unbearable after a few hours. Still, this is a decently constructed composition, but one I’d rather catch a passing whiff of than wear myself.
06th February, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The cucumber is nice, and there is a refreshing feeling to this scent that is counterbalanced by a pleasant almond and, at a meter stage some floral notes with wood - the latter are a bit unspecific on my skin. The first part is quite convincing though and wants a -just- positive score. I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and four hours of longevity. 3/5
26th January, 2015

Add your review of Almond Cucumber

Shop for Almond Cucumber products online

Member images of Almond Cucumber

There are no member images of Almond Cucumber yet. Why not be the first?