The Voice of Reason (2012)
    by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

The Voice of Reason Fragrance notes

French gitane cigarettes, Rose, Espresso, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Reviews of The Voice of Reason

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

it opens up with a strong note of smoked ham!! or smoked dry sausages........like not something for the girls :)

BUT then like a cameleon transforms into beuatifully soft , creamy, woody scent,mixed with honey notes of tonka bean.....the naughty beast turns into the lovely girly scent :)almost creamy, close to the skin...but lovely..., must conclude that australian sandalwood has its charme! and that was beyond my expectations, especially because the begining was not too promissing with that rawness.

from the whole line this one transforms the most from the opening and thus to me very nice surprise

06 March, 2013

Bigtruck260's avatar
    Bigtruck260

TVOR and Lush/Gorilla perfumes are completely unavailable in the states, so patience was required prior to the application. It was WELL worth the wait.

TVOR takes me to a place that I have always wanted to visit - the beatnik 50's. It is supposed smell of cigarettes, booze and espresso. Somehow, they have captured not only the listed olfactory triggers (and they are some of the most accurate I have ever put my nose to)...but the 'dessert' is also captured. While the top is amazing and unique, the heart notes seem to really make this one versatile (that is most definitely saying that the opening is going to turn heads in both positive and negative ways) and I get some vanilla mixed in with the dense papyrus and sandalwood.

Confidence is required, and TVOR is not mainstream or fresh. If you are a non-smoker, you may not enjoy this one....especially if you are going to be in close quarters with other non-smokers.

I love this stuff. It makes me happy - and somehow inspires me to create...and that is most certainly something I NEVER expected a fragrance to do. I like paper, coffee, booze and cigs - so obviously this is the most comfortable scent I have ever worn.

Projection is through the roof - and your trail will mark your territory. It lasts 24 hours on my skin.
    Normally, I am not a fan of the splash bottles - but in this case, I can not imagine a full spray of TVOR on my clothing...it might never come out - and frankly, it's not needed.

10/10 - Better than any Niche I own...and probably my new favorite.

04 March, 2013