The Voice of Reason (2012)
by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

The Voice of Reason information

Year of Launch2012

HouseGorilla Perfume [Lush]
Parent CompanyLush

About The Voice of Reason

The Voice of Reason is a shared / unisex perfume by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2012

The Voice of Reason fragrance notes

Reviews of The Voice of Reason

I regard TVOR as a concept rather than an EdT or EdP or whatever its concentration may be: apparently a blend of roses, sandalwood, tonka beans and woody notes, what I get at first, literally, are huge amounts of olfactive molecules akin to those of smoked meat - to be more precise, BBQ sauce.

A very deceptive beginning, indeed, that mellows down into more appropriate accords along the ones found in orientals blends. I said mellower, but the lack of balance is hard to pass bye, feeling, somehow, lacking complexity: it is the kind of scent one revisits in order to give it a second thought, which in my case ends up with the feeling that is a challenge when it comes to wear it - the bottom line being that it feels like a reinterpretation of what gourmand scents are like, no chocolate, no vanilla, no coconut, I'd way say gourmand of the meat-rich kind of diet. This is right across the sweetness alley.

From then on I imagined it to be the perfect counterbalance of very floral, feminine or musky of the galaxolide kind of scents. I was not wrong, layering it improves some of the former ones, like Bvlgari Black; it provides the bold character this ones lack.

It is not refined, it is not gentle, it is not comforting: it would be the perfect option if you want to make a statement of the I-play-according-to-my-own-rules kind, the voice of reason for one's standing in the world, I'd say.

Do I like it? Yes I do; blame on my bias, a consequence of this hobby and as such, a (I hope humble) prove of my fragrance snobbery - readers, be aware of this, please sample before buying, blind buy is not even a remote option. It is a creature of its own among all the ones in my collection; after all, my voice of reason and only mine.
07th June, 2015
it opens up with a strong note of smoked ham!! or smoked dry sausages........like not something for the girls :)

BUT then like a cameleon transforms into beuatifully soft , creamy, woody scent,mixed with honey notes of tonka bean.....the naughty beast turns into the lovely girly scent :)almost creamy, close to the skin...but lovely..., must conclude that australian sandalwood has its charme! and that was beyond my expectations, especially because the begining was not too promissing with that rawness.

from the whole line this one transforms the most from the opening and thus to me very nice surprise
06th March, 2013

TVOR and Lush/Gorilla perfumes are completely unavailable in the states, so patience was required prior to the application. It was WELL worth the wait.

TVOR takes me to a place that I have always wanted to visit - the beatnik 50's. It is supposed smell of cigarettes, booze and espresso. Somehow, they have captured not only the listed olfactory triggers (and they are some of the most accurate I have ever put my nose to)...but the 'dessert' is also captured. While the top is amazing and unique, the heart notes seem to really make this one versatile (that is most definitely saying that the opening is going to turn heads in both positive and negative ways) and I get some vanilla mixed in with the dense papyrus and sandalwood.

Confidence is required, and TVOR is not mainstream or fresh. If you are a non-smoker, you may not enjoy this one....especially if you are going to be in close quarters with other non-smokers.

I love this stuff. It makes me happy - and somehow inspires me to create...and that is most certainly something I NEVER expected a fragrance to do. I like paper, coffee, booze and cigs - so obviously this is the most comfortable scent I have ever worn.

Projection is through the roof - and your trail will mark your territory. It lasts 24 hours on my skin.
Normally, I am not a fan of the splash bottles - but in this case, I can not imagine a full spray of TVOR on my clothing...it might never come out - and frankly, it's not needed.

10/10 - Better than any Niche I own...and probably my new favorite.

04th March, 2013

Add your review of The Voice of Reason

Shop for The Voice of Reason products online

Search Amazon for The Voice of Reason

Member images of The Voice of Reason

There are no member images of The Voice of Reason yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to The Voice of Reason