Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber (2011)
by Jo Malone London

Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber information

Year of Launch2011

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber

Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber fragrance notes

Reviews of Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber

A nice fragrance with two complimentary notes and some light support of vanilla is pleasant enough for the short time it lasts. Earl Grey tea has a very distinctive fragrance note and that seems to carry the scent as I found the opening bergamot and cucumber to be fleeting at best. The latter stages are entirely Earl Grey and vanilla. Nice, but nothing I want to wear. The sillage and longevity is very low power as well, so nothing to recommend.
24th October, 2017
A dusky but clean note starts of with Earl Grey and Cucumber. Pleasant and comfortable. It feels a touch foody, but not in an annoying way. An enjoyable vibe.

A definite "tea" dry down. I'm now 9 hours post application. This reminds me of 5 o'clock au Gingembre by Serge Lutens, sans the ginger note. I don't pick up any cucumber now, it's all the tea accord at this point. I like it, but wouldn't buy a bottle.
22nd February, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening phase really has no tea in it. It is a fresh-ish bergamot start, but after a while I get a pleasant cucumber impression, bring back the experience of cucumber sandwiches. At times a slightly green impression is present that could be regarded as a very subtle rendering of some aspects of a very weakly brewed and somewhat generic rendering if a black tea note, but it is not a very convincing one, unlike the nice cucumber impression

The second stage is a somewhat sweet vanilla-honey note that again is not bad, but very much in the generic side, even somewhat bland.

I get soft sillage, limited projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant spring creation, not bad and designed for layering but not convincing even with this adjusted standard of expectation as to the quality of this scent. 2.75/5.
10th June, 2016
Safe and pleasant but subject to the usual host of projection/longevity criticisms to which Jo Malone colognes are usually subjected, Earl Grey and Cucumber is on par with some of the better fragrances that I've tried, like Blue Agava & Cacao and Red Roses. The two titular notes blend well, with other elements, like musk and beeswax, sealing the deal from a bright opening with bergamot to a sweet dry down with vanilla, cedar, and beeswax. Very good "fresh to sweet" transition.

Obviously a more ideal choice for summer than winter but as it's not overloaded with citrus, this could work year-round, despite the disadvantages of lacking projection and longevity (it does not radiate beyond a foot and only is beyond a skin scent for a few hours). It's not lacking in identity, but as with other Jo Malones, price is the biggest objection for overall strength of the product.

6 out of 10
28th May, 2015
I have to admit I was expecting something very different. I do smell some bergamot in the top, implying earl grey, but it's cut with sugary lemon, while the cucumber is mostly just a quiet green hum that I never would have placed. But the thing that makes it different is that it's quite milky, which makes for a rather strange juxtaposition when placed next to the sweet, bright elements. By the end of the day, it takes on a cocoa vibe as well, so it's kind of like musky chocolate milk. I think I may be making this sound a bit more compelling than it is. It may be doing interesting things, but it does them in a very understated way.

I don't want to immediately write this off for not being the upfront tea smell I expected, and the chocolate milk thing is actually kind of clever, if not my style, so I'll upgrade to a neutral review, which probably could have been a positive if it had just asserted itself a bit more.
28th May, 2015
I really donít know where all the other notes are on this one; all Iím getting is a super strong earl grey tea. To work for me, it would have to have been softer and cut better with the other notes.
10th July, 2014

Add your review of Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber

Shop for Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber products online

Search Amazon for Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber

Member images of Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber

There are no member images of Tea Collection : Earl Grey & Cucumber yet. Why not be the first?