Le Beau Mâle (2013)

HouseJean Paul Gaultier
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Le Beau Mâle

Le Beau Mâle is a masculine fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Le Beau Mâle fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Beau Mâle

rbaker Show all reviews
The minty-lavender opening blast is paired with a slightly boozy note and is actually quite pleasant on my skin - a positive opening gambit that, unfortunately, is not followed up on the same level of originality. The herbal drydown and the musky-vanilla base are not only lightweight, but also fairly generic and - on me - frankly fairly bland. Not bad, but in spite of the promising opening overall quite mediocre. Soft sillage, fair projection and four hours of longevity.
25th October, 2014
My father recently bought a bottle of this and today I got a chance to sample it. Because of the bottle design I have had severe problems taking Le Male seriously and with Le Beau Male things aren't any different. When I got over it, however, I was a bit surprised: Fresh mint and other herbs, then lavender and definitely some orange blossom. Actually quite ok. After some time of mellowing the fragrance becomes more generic but manages to avoid all severe pitfalls. Le Beau Male certainly is a summer scent but in my opinion it's not a terrible sin to add some summery freshness to a grey and cold autumn day with it now and then.
28th August, 2014
"Fraicheur intense" version: blasting metallic-mentholated opening with citrus and cloves on vanillin, with a slightly disturbing sort of salty warm note underneath. No affiliation with Le Male. Uselessly cheap summer scent – not even a crowdpleaser, as it frankly smells bad to me.

10th July, 2014
I'll probably be hazed for this but I find this a pleasant scent. What it is not is a resemblance of JPG Le Male. Le Beau Male is quite the opposite with the only vague similarity being the lavender note. It is a green and minty scent with quite a body (musk). Keep in mind that I am being objective with my review from here on (as in no comparison/contrasting between Le Male).

The opening is really sharp, musky, minty, and FRESH. It is not thin because of the musk and absinthe playing supporting roles to the top notes. The transition to the heart notes is what appears to cause dislikes as it is definitely a dirty contrast to the opening, however it isn't repulsive.I don't mind the heart notes as it adds strength to the composition while remaining light and wearable for these hot Southern California days. My absolute favorite part is the closing note accord where it becomes very very light and flowery (not a feminine flowery). Such an airy closing that it posses. I do wish this closing sequence could have more projection to it but alas it remains a skin scent at this point.

Projection is good for about 3-6 hours (I spray twice on neck and once on each wrist, about an inch between the atomizer and skin), afterwards it dwindles down to a skin scent. Longevity is about 10 hours.

7 out of 10
29th April, 2014
Good on the first spray, if you coat yourself in about 20mL of the stuff. Extremely low projection and does not last on the skin at all, after about half an hour of wearing.
Nice try, but definitely knocks down Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male (Original!) brand name.

Would not buy again.
26th January, 2014
Waste of your time and money

Horrible fragrance. Watered down of the original. Fresh opening scent, with added vanilla and absinthe. Dies after about 30 minutes on my skin. Or maybe I am more salty than I previously imagined.

Pros: Added vanilla, similar to original Le Male
Cons: Smells great on a card, dies on your skin"

19th October, 2013

Add your review of Le Beau Mâle

Shop for Le Beau Mâle products online

Shop for Le Beau Mâle at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Le Beau Mâle

Member images of Le Beau Mâle

There are no member images of Le Beau Mâle yet. Why not be the first?