Gentlemen Only (2013)

Gentlemen Only information

Year of Launch2013

Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Gentlemen Only

Gentlemen Only is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2013

Gentlemen Only fragrance notes

Reviews of Gentlemen Only

Givenchy always leaves me confused between the classic Gentleman and their Gentleman Only lines. While I don't know what the vintage Gentleman was like, the Gentleman Only that I sampled wasn't anything that I can imagine ever being popular or related to the classic of the 70's. The problem for me in this one is the spice dominated all the way and I only got a hint of citrus and never any soft wood.

Additionally, the longevity of the sample I had was 3hrs max. If you like spicy citrus or spicy woods, you may like Gentleman Only. I'll pass on it.
17th March, 2015 (last edited: 18th March, 2015)
Not so bad, not so great, could've been better...

It's an interesting one, I get vetiver and incense and a little pink pepper. The opening is nice, but the dry down is very generic. It's okay, but it really could have been better. I would have liked to have seen more from Givenchy, especially after the classic "gentleman" of the past. This one shouldn't have had the same name, they should have called it something else I think. Nice, but not really worth it for me.
11th December, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
If not entirely original, GENTLEMEN ONLY by GIVENCHY is a purer concoction of notes in harmony than others of a similar profile. Opens with a wonderful clear sweet orange note that has the intensity and slightly bitter quality of pure orange oil. This segues into a cedar oil accord that tones down the sweetness and brings a sophistication to the fragrance. The oily intensity subsides as a dry, smoky patchouli and frankinsense overtakes everything else and creates a dusty heart with that initial orange oil running through it. The heart of the fragrance makes me think of orange furniture oil being used in an old, dusty cedar closet. I like this effect, but it is a commitment to wear. No subtlety, those notes punch out through your personal scent cloud to everyone within 30 feet of you! I don't really get much pepper or spices and I wouldn't say this is a green or fresh fragrance either. Orange oil, cedar and dusty incense are the notes and GENTLEMEN ONLY lasts approximately 5+ hours on skin before breaking down a little abruptly and messily. I like it so I reapply when that happens!
10th December, 2014
Gentlemen Only by Givenchy is a very nice fragrance. The combination of incense and vetiver is spectacular. Then the dry down is soft/spicy. It smells fresh, clean and masculine. It is perfect for the office or a dinner date. Elegant verses playful.
01st July, 2014
Yawn. Spend your money elsewhere. I cannot believe a fragrance this boring has been released this late in the game. Should be about ten bucks.
03rd April, 2014
Starts green and spicy, and instantly reminded me of Givenchy pour homme (red bottle). After a few minutes, turns to a nice, slightly formal, sweet violet and patchouli fragrance, surrounded by spices. I can't deny this fragrance is above average.
01st April, 2014 (last edited: 10th April, 2015)

Add your review of Gentlemen Only

Shop for Gentlemen Only products online

Shop for Gentlemen Only at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Gentlemen Only

Member images of Gentlemen Only

There are no member images of Gentlemen Only yet. Why not be the first?