Tzora (2012)

Tzora Fragrance Notes

Tzora information

Tzora is a unisex fragrance by Anat Fritz. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Tzora

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Buysblind's avatar

Tzora was kind of disappointing. Its barebones structure which seems to mainly consist of darker citrus notes, a touch of pepper, and a middle-of-the-road cedar/vetiver base just wasn't enough to leave me impressed. While I don't find it unpleasant in any way, it just seems to be lacking in character, almost like there's a significant piece that's missing and required to bring it back to life. Terre d'Hermes has robust orange and vetiver notes, anchored by a healthy dose of ISO E Super. It's tenacious and full of little details that bring you back to it again and again. I didn't find this in Tzora, and "neutral" is probably the perfect word to describe how I feel about it.

16 May, 2014

odysseusm's avatar

A pleasant scent. For me it is not as distinctive, flinty or interesting as Terre D'Hermes.
    The main similarity is in the opening, which is a dry peppery citrus. This is very nice, and very dry.
    The scent moves to its second phase. At times like paper, other times a floral - celery leaf - baked bread note.
    The dry down is light and mossy. There is a slightly earthy note due to the vetiver.
    Overall, pleasant and classy.

29 November, 2013

's avatar

(***)

A well done earthy-citrus typified by Terre d' Hermes. Where Terre was occasionally rough, however, Tzora is round and polished, and a delicious dried-apricot at its heart ensures it is not so derivative as to raise alarm.

30th January, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th March, 2013)

alfarom's avatar

Tzora strikes halfway between Terre D'Hermes and L'Homme Infini for its woody-pepper-vetiver-combo but also recalls of some of the most minimalistic Comme Des Garcons such as H&M or, say, Kyoto. It shows all of the Geza Schoen's hallmarks (transparency, isoEsuper, modernity) but, at the same time, it feels much less avant-garde than most of his fragrances...

It's good and I can see why it is rapidly becoming the go-to scent for every wood-addict but I'm afraid I can't count myself amongst its biggest fans.

Terre D'Hermes fans, heads up!

20th January, 2013

drseid's avatar

Tzora opens with just the faintest whiff of fresh orange before quickly transitioning to a sharp sparkling bergamot and Peruvian pepper tandem that dominates the heart of the scent with a very subtle mossy green undertone. The Peruvian pepper is deftly implemented, never overpowering the other elements but rather meshing with the bergamot in perfect harmony. As the Peruvian pepper slowly recedes, a very fine cedar emerges to take its place, mingling with the still remaining bergamot through the dry-down, adding shimmering vetiver support. Projection is below average and longevity is outstanding at over 24 hours on skin.

Tzora is a late entrant to the 2012 party, but it captivated me from the get-go and the longer I wear it the more I enjoy it. It is officially classified as a floral chypre, but I think it is more like a citric/woody scent with spicy and earthy support. Tzora is quite the textbook prototype of executing a composition using minimalist restraint in its implementation; with Geza Schoen showing off all his enormous talent here in what I feel is his best work to date. Terre d'Hermes fans in particular will most likely find Tzora quite appealing as while it is no Terre d'Hermes clone, it occupies a similar space and beats TdH at its own game (not an easy accomplishment). I confess after smelling Tzora I had to remove Terre d'Hermes from my Top 10, replacing it with Tzora. To bottom line it for everyone, Tzora is the one of the three finest new releases I have smelled in 2012, earning an extremely rare 5 star out of 5 rating from me. This one is an absolute masterpiece of the highest order and it would not surprise me if it stands the test of time.

12 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2013)

Add your review of Tzora