My Ylang (2013)

My Ylang Fragrance Notes

Shop for My Ylang products online

$175.64*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 105.00)

Reviews of My Ylang

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

A soufflé perfume insofar as all the notes are lightly handled, including the vanilla. My Ylang begins as an object lesson in gentleness and restraint, but sadly dwindles into ordinariness after a few hours of pleasure.
    So, what goes on in those hours? Infused with a whipped cream floral sweetness, this creation showcases ylang (against a background of other floral notes) without indolic heaviness, bringing its familiar almost fruity tones out further with a touch of mandarin and a breezy muguet. Definitely a fruity floral in mood – those who break out in a rash at the very mention of this category should still give it try as all the elements are judiciously arranged and the abstract quality does not have the usual synthetic drone underlying it. At this stage My Ylang is the kind of perfume I wish mainstream perfumeries would stock, so that customers could see how the sweet and fruity fare they’re usually offered can be done so much better.
    But alas, things go downhill after that impressive first act – it develops a kind of clove-like warmth which makes things a bit jammy – not my taste. And then turns into a tame white floral (I kept thinking tuberose) for the rest of its life, which is a disappointment, too. The trail is modest throughout.

21st February, 2014