Mistral Patchouli (2013)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Mistral Patchouli

Mistral Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Mistral Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Mistral Patchouli

Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli
A clean, easy to wear patchouli placed over a base of freshness a la Atelier Cologne. The patchouli plays a duet with geranium which makes is minty and crisp. Add refreshing citrus and sweet flowers and you have an aromatic and enjoyable fragrance. Some anise breaks through in the opening but it's tamed, thankfully, because it's not among my favorite notes. Longevity and projection below average. This is among my favorites from the Atelier line.
31st March, 2017
Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli is another oddball from the house, a misleading name that suggests that patchouli may be a star of the show but rather fits only vaguely in the background of it. The scent starts out dominated by anise and a bit of grapefruit, which gives way to the anise mostly. I get a little of the bright geranium but a decent bit of the powdery iris in the middle, and then finally some patchouli in the base, though the patchouli is barely there at all.

What this comes off as is mostly anise and iris, a bitter sweetness mixed by the typical powder note. One youtube reviewer called it "herbal licorice" and I see a lot of validity in that it has some green aspects mixed in with the sweet/bitter balance of the anise.

Definitely not for me but not wholly unpleasant, Mistral Patchouli strikes me as another offering from the house that is simply mediocre, neither something I especially want to wear, nor does it make me run for the hills.

Performance is decent but not among the better in the line, so about average, and more consistent with the fresher fragrances in the line than, say, Rose Anonyme or Vanille Insensee.

5 out of 10
14th June, 2016
I am one who does not go crazy over Patchouli. I do own a few Patchouli based fragrances and I tolerate them very well. Patchouli can be extremely strong and poignant. So that being said, I took the plunge and bought a bottle of Mistral Patchouli. I am very glad I did. In the initial spray I can smell the star anise, patchouli, geranium and iris (4 notes)and it stays like that ALL day. The patchouli does take over just a bit BUT it is not strong or poignant. Very nice fragrance from Atelier Cologne.
26th May, 2016
This fragrance is so much more multifaceted than I expected. I don't have much experience with this brand of patchouli: refreshing, slightly sweet, and delicious. I'm a fan of the kind of dirty-fingernails-potting-soil patchouli that they sell at head shops, but I can't wear it. I find this to be a rather sophisticated, grown-up patchouli based fragrance that can be worn around other grownups.
This fragrance also holds a first for me. I have never actually sensed the "sea salt" in a fragrance before, but it comes through here. Like a salted tamarind candy. Fantastic.
19th February, 2016

Remarkably aromatic. A super dose of aromatic emanations open the top: possibly some of the aromatics are from the star anise and the incense, but the main contributor to the potent aromatics is the geranium – an aromatically virulent form of geranium. And it lasts.

As the geranium tones down I get a little platform sweetness from the iris and together they form what I suppose is the aromatic floral heart of Mistral. Gradually the patchouli begins to grow – or at least I suspect it’s the patchouli… this patch is not at all typical; it’s an semi-earthy green pathchouli, obviously working in conjunction with the base’s vetiver, the patch and vetiver are sweetened a little by just the right amount of benzoin. I love it. After an hour or two of this base, I get a small taste of the salt note that others have mentioned.

Mistral Patchouli is quite remarkable in the delivery of its accords. From the dramatic aromatics of the opening through the salty crystal transparency of its base, it is an intriguing olfactory journey.
07th February, 2016
I love Patchouli, ok, let me restate that, I really like Patchouli. I have almost never enjoyed the scent unless it was on a free-spirited young lady exuding vitality and reckless abandon. A thin tee shirt and a waterfall almost completes the picture. This however, is not in your face Patchouli, and as a "man's man" I was delighted to find something with Patchouli as a note that I could also enjoy. The show opening with Pomelo, Black pepper, Star anise is like the overture to Phantom of the Opera (big, bright and bold), and the fall off, leading to the rest of this musical fragrance is Indonesian patchouli, Benzoin, Vetiver which to me is soft and steady without the Woodstock Hippy! I have also found that Mistral Patchouli does not last as long as I would like. Maybe that's why I seem to love this fragrance, simply because it becomes subtle and not in your face. Like others who have expressed a Marine connotation, I'd have to agree! Jerome Epinette seems to have nailed this one!
12th October, 2015

Add your review of Mistral Patchouli

Shop for Mistral Patchouli products online

Search Amazon for Mistral Patchouli

Member images of Mistral Patchouli

There are no member images of Mistral Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?