Mistral Patchouli (2013)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Mistral Patchouli

Mistral Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Mistral Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Mistral Patchouli

This fragrance is so much more multifaceted than I expected. I don't have much experience with this brand of patchouli: refreshing, slightly sweet, and delicious. I'm a fan of the kind of dirty-fingernails-potting-soil patchouli that they sell at head shops, but I can't wear it. I find this to be a rather sophisticated, grown-up patchouli based fragrance that can be worn around other grownups.
This fragrance also holds a first for me. I have never actually sensed the "sea salt" in a fragrance before, but it comes through here. Like a salted tamarind candy. Fantastic.
19th February, 2016

Remarkably aromatic. A super dose of aromatic emanations open the top: possibly some of the aromatics are from the star anise and the incense, but the main contributor to the potent aromatics is the geranium – an aromatically virulent form of geranium. And it lasts.

As the geranium tones down I get a little platform sweetness from the iris and together they form what I suppose is the aromatic floral heart of Mistral. Gradually the patchouli begins to grow – or at least I suspect it’s the patchouli… this patch is not at all typical; it’s an semi-earthy green pathchouli, obviously working in conjunction with the base’s vetiver, the patch and vetiver are sweetened a little by just the right amount of benzoin. I love it. After an hour or two of this base, I get a small taste of the salt note that others have mentioned.

Mistral Patchouli is quite remarkable in the delivery of its accords. From the dramatic aromatics of the opening through the salty crystal transparency of its base, it is an intriguing olfactory journey.
07th February, 2016
I love Patchouli, ok, let me restate that, I really like Patchouli. I have almost never enjoyed the scent unless it was on a free-spirited young lady exuding vitality and reckless abandon. A thin tee shirt and a waterfall almost completes the picture. This however, is not in your face Patchouli, and as a "man's man" I was delighted to find something with Patchouli as a note that I could also enjoy. The show opening with Pomelo, Black pepper, Star anise is like the overture to Phantom of the Opera (big, bright and bold), and the fall off, leading to the rest of this musical fragrance is Indonesian patchouli, Benzoin, Vetiver which to me is soft and steady without the Woodstock Hippy! I have also found that Mistral Patchouli does not last as long as I would like. Maybe that's why I seem to love this fragrance, simply because it becomes subtle and not in your face. Like others who have expressed a Marine connotation, I'd have to agree! Jerome Epinette seems to have nailed this one!
12th October, 2015
If you're after a patchouli fragrance in high definition this is not it. There's very little of patchouli in here. I'm not sure how much of it is (subliminally) driven by its marketing concept but I experienced Mistral Patchouli as a refreshingly breezy seaside-inspired interpretation with a mildly citric-fruity opening, an almost tangibly aqueous semi-sweet minty-briny middle phase that dries down to a softly resinous oriental-like base.

Overall I find this to be a summery office-friendly aquatic-patchouli hybrid. Certainly one of my favorites from the Atelier line, with excellent on-skin performance.
02nd June, 2015
This is a very green and transparent take on patchouli. not earthy at all.
The opening is a tart fresh lemon scent mixed with smooth floral notes and a little bit sweetness from musk.
Very simple, fresh, green, almost watery that is quite pleasant and to be honest generic, but definitely high quality notes is something that shines here.
As time goes by the scent looses that tart fresh lemon scent and moves toward the green/grassy patchouli smell plus some floral notes in the background.
Nice smell and great for summer days.
Projection is average and longevity is around 3-4 hours on my skin.
06th May, 2014
A wonderful windy/salty/incensey patchouli immensely evocative about the oceanic immensities though finally decidedly smooth and somewhat semi-oriental in consistency. I detect by soon some anise (combined with aromatic herbs, sharp floral notes and salty/ozonic patterns) and humid perfumed woods in the ozonic/ambery recipe. The dry down becomes gradually more intense and almost resinous with its incensey presence, losing "via vai" the initial sharper vibe. The intimate warm type of saltiness (lingering throughout) conjures me a lot another juice from the same line, I mean the interesting Oolang Infini which is finally more translucent and aqueous, more properly centered over a basic green tea note conjuring me a lot the classic Bulgari Pour Homme or the Roger&Gallet The' Vert (but also Heaven Chopard in some of its soapy nuances). Along the dry down I detect sweet spices, hints of fruity floral appealing sparks and probably a secret leathery undertone (may be a musk/iris/suede accord soft and warm). The final part of the evolution introduces indeed this musk/iris/incense accord so soft and almost sticky. The dry down (ambery, incensey, musky and with a salty lingering warmth) conjures me the new Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense's final density. Simply stunning, a cologne rehabilitating the infamous ozonic genre by its experimental combination of diverse notes (resinous and semi-oriental counteracting the sharp-ozonic initial ones). Great longevity on my skin.
03rd February, 2014

Add your review of Mistral Patchouli

Shop for Mistral Patchouli products online

Shop for Mistral Patchouli at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mistral Patchouli

Member images of Mistral Patchouli

There are no member images of Mistral Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?