Mistral Patchouli (2013)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Mistral Patchouli

Mistral Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Mistral Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Mistral Patchouli

This is my signature spring scent and in my top 3 of all Atelier Colognes fragrances (with Emeraude Agar for fall and Oud Saphir for winter). It sure helps that I am a huge anis aficionado, a love which started with the Anis de Flavigny bonbons in my mother's car and came to devotion when trying out Pastis, Ouzo, Raki and Absinth while travelling Europe as an adolescent. It smells a bit like a cold Pastis with a good squeeze of pomelo in it. I usually do not like perfumes which smell like food or beverages, but I am happy to make an exception for anis. The smell of anis evokes solitary travelling and discovering new places, therefore I think it was the perfect choice for Atelier Cologne to choose Anis to evoke the French Mistral sea wind, which is a sharp, cutting wind instead of a gentle summer sea breeze. M.P. is not a sweet, licorice or Sambucco alike anis, but tart and sour. It reminds me of a spray of cold sea water on my face when sailing in late spring. Luckily the fragrance does not smell like sea water itself, as these sea scents usually smell very chemical. M.P. smells very natural. Rather than a perfectly photo-shopped image of the sea, M.P. evokes a man's confrontation with the sea with a few brush strokes in green and blue.
10th April, 2019
Very masculine, dry and bitter mix. Good sillage, a bit too much for a young woman. I didn’t feel comfortable wearing it.
06th June, 2018
Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli
A clean, easy to wear patchouli placed over a base of freshness a la Atelier Cologne. The patchouli plays a duet with geranium which makes is minty and crisp. Add refreshing citrus and sweet flowers and you have an aromatic and enjoyable fragrance. Some anise breaks through in the opening but it's tamed, thankfully, because it's not among my favorite notes. Longevity and projection below average. This is among my favorites from the Atelier line.
31st March, 2017
Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli is another oddball from the house, a misleading name that suggests that patchouli may be a star of the show but rather fits only vaguely in the background of it. The scent starts out dominated by anise and a bit of grapefruit, which gives way to the anise mostly. I get a little of the bright geranium but a decent bit of the powdery iris in the middle, and then finally some patchouli in the base, though the patchouli is barely there at all.

What this comes off as is mostly anise and iris, a bitter sweetness mixed by the typical powder note. One youtube reviewer called it "herbal licorice" and I see a lot of validity in that it has some green aspects mixed in with the sweet/bitter balance of the anise.

Definitely not for me but not wholly unpleasant, Mistral Patchouli strikes me as another offering from the house that is simply mediocre, neither something I especially want to wear, nor does it make me run for the hills.

Performance is decent but not among the better in the line, so about average, and more consistent with the fresher fragrances in the line than, say, Rose Anonyme or Vanille Insensee.

5 out of 10
14th June, 2016
I am one who does not go crazy over Patchouli. I do own a few Patchouli based fragrances and I tolerate them very well. Patchouli can be extremely strong and poignant. So that being said, I took the plunge and bought a bottle of Mistral Patchouli. I am very glad I did. In the initial spray I can smell the star anise, patchouli, geranium and iris (4 notes)and it stays like that ALL day. The patchouli does take over just a bit BUT it is not strong or poignant. Very nice fragrance from Atelier Cologne.
26th May, 2016
This fragrance is so much more multifaceted than I expected. I don't have much experience with this brand of patchouli: refreshing, slightly sweet, and delicious. I'm a fan of the kind of dirty-fingernails-potting-soil patchouli that they sell at head shops, but I can't wear it. I find this to be a rather sophisticated, grown-up patchouli based fragrance that can be worn around other grownups.
This fragrance also holds a first for me. I have never actually sensed the "sea salt" in a fragrance before, but it comes through here. Like a salted tamarind candy. Fantastic.
19th February, 2016

Buy It Now for only: $8.99

Buy It Now for only: $12.99

Buy It Now for only: $6.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli Cologne Absolue 200ml 6.7 oz New Sealed In Box

End Date: Friday Jun-21-2019 14:35:32 PDT

Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Absolue Unisex 3.4oz/100 ml very nice used

$39.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Jun-23-2019 5:15:07 PDT

Member images of Mistral Patchouli

There are no member images of Mistral Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?