Heliotrope (2012)
    by Olivier Durbano

Average Rating:

Heliotrope Fragrance Notes

Heliotrope information

Heliotrope is a unisex fragrance by Olivier Durbano. The scent was launched in 2012

Shop for Heliotrope products online

Reviews of Heliotrope

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

alfarom's avatar

I've gone in and out of love with Heliotrope several times. It initially impressed me for its piquant and spicy qualities. It then let me down when I discovered a gourmandic facet I hadn't noticed in the first place to then click with me again, after I took enough familiarity with the fragrance to discover its perfect balance.

This is basically a sweetish spicy incense with a cheerful character and subtle biscuit-like facets. Comparisons with some of the CDG's Red Series make absolutely sense as this has an overall sparkling transparency and minimalist feel that will make *modernists* happy but, at the same time, it feels warm, deep and alive to perfectly fit the vivid red-color of the juice. I'm personally still not completely won over as I would have probably preferred it with an extra kick, but if you like restrained and micro-nouanced incense-driven fragrances, give it a chance as this stuff is undeniably delightful.

19 March, 2014

Buzzlepuff's avatar

Heliotrope is a resinous warm incense fragrance that might smell like you've got spiced sugar cookies baking in the kitchen. The warmth of this red liquid scent has a slight gourmand quality which is inviting and pleasant. I guess the heliotrope (almond) and magnolia notes have an effect in this warm good enough to eat opening. Heliotrope is named for bloodstone or heliotrope stone and as a fragrance is an incense woods in disguise as a sugar cookies. The incense blend is deep and complex combining Elemi resin, Oliban incense, ginger, saffron, nagarmotha, myrrh and sandalwood. The overall fragrance profile makes this warm red incense blend a cousin to fragrances like CdG Sequoia, Palisander, Play Red as well as Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir for their spicy edible warmth over woods. However, the incense components of Heliotrope are deeper than most of this type. This is my third favorite in Olivier Durbano's gemstone series of incense fragrances. Black Tourmaline is the dark, underground burning woods, while Citrine is a sunny, lemony incense; and Heliotrope is a "happy with the world" spice incense. I would rate this one 3 out of 5 stars.

13 March, 2013