Zegna Uomo (2013)

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Zegna Uomo

Zegna Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Zegna Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Zegna Uomo

Middle of the road, another office fragrance really. Strongly reminds me of dSquared He Wood.

In my review of the dSquared fragrance, I said it smells of sherbet refreshers - this is pretty much the same.

Citrus, light, but just... strange.
05th November, 2015
Genre: Citrus

Perhaps Zegna ought to stick to clothing. I remember Zegna doing one or two passable fragrances in the ‘90s, but this latest masculine release is just depressing. It starts out on a pleasant, if unexciting, citrus top note, but soon turns harsh and chemical, with a hackneyed “aquatic” note, violet leaf, and grating artificial woods competing in some kind of infernal olfactory cage fight. Nobody wins – least of all the poor guy who gets stuck wearing this stuff.
27th July, 2014
Zegna Uomo is a great summer scent. It opens very citrusy and dries down to a sweet violet. It smells fresh and clean. Perfect for the Florida heat and humidity, since these two factors make it project even more. I get 6-7 hours when I spray it on my clothes. I love it!!
08th July, 2014
I definitley wrote this one off too soon. While this isn't anything groundbreaking or amazing, and yet still very generic, it's cheap enough now to be bottle worthy to me, and a great casual fragrance for any time of year.

The first time I wore it, I thought it smelled cheap and chemical, which I don't think anymore now that I own a bottle. Longevity though leaves something to be desired. I think the poor reviews really slaughtered this ones reputation and forced its price decline, but hey that works for me. I picked up a bottle on Ebay for about 14 bucks shipped.

I agree with the resemblance to L'homme Libre, they are very similar, except Libre has a lot of pink pepper. They both share the same citrus and vetiver notes, they both have a ton of violet leaf. Libre is a little darker, with better longevity, and of course spicier from the pink pepper note.

You may not turn any heads with Uomo, you may not even get noticed. It's a nice comforting fragrance though, that's gonna be discontinued if it hasn't already been. At anything under 20 bucks, it's a steal.

I agree with Silentrich, this is an extremely linear fragrance. I don't get the cumin note he gets though, thank goodness, because that would be off putting to say the least. I do however get a very synthetic dry down which he also refers to, and he is spot on.

The bottle is gorgeous in my opinion. It has great texture, a slim profile, and gives a unique illusion when looked at from angles. Looks great on the shelf.

I find myself reaching for this one a lot when I am just going out to run errands.
14th June, 2014 (last edited: 11th May, 2015)
I don't understand the hate its getting on here, in my opinion it smells good and unlike anything I have ever smelt before, which is why I like it as much as I do. A bit synthetic perhaps, but still amazing!
26th May, 2014
Uomo may be the quintessential generic fragrance (a pretentious label I do not normally give out), smelling like the plasticy/deodorant knock-off of a knock-off of a dollar-store-copy of a 90's fresh scent. What's completely offensive is at $70 or whatever is being charged for this, it is literally indistinguishable from the dollar store alternative. Save yourself the $69 and go to your local Dollar Tree (note: I do endorse or work for The Dollar Tree).

1/10, which also makes for my first 1/10 score. Congratulations Uomo.
26th May, 2014

Add your review of Zegna Uomo

Shop for Zegna Uomo products online

Shop for Zegna Uomo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Zegna Uomo

Member images of Zegna Uomo

There are no member images of Zegna Uomo yet. Why not be the first?