Riviera (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseEnglish Laundry
PerfumerChristopher Wicks

About Riviera

Riviera is a masculine fragrance by English Laundry. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Wicks

Reviews of Riviera

There is one review of Riviera.
I guess I'm the first to review this.

I have 30 or so frags in my collection and while I will always have my favorites, there are some that I consider every day and some that are special occasion. It is usually the type of smell that makes me put one into the every day category. It has to have a lighter scent that will not annoy after wearing it a long time and that isn't too over powering or distracting.

This frag is an every day cologne in my book which isn't a bad thing. It's a fresh and clean scent that goes on as strong or weak as you want it and makes you feel clean and light on your feet. It's subtle and slightly sweet but without the synthetic and metallic aqua notes that other 'fresh and clean' colognes build on. The only other scents I have that smell at all like it are YSL L'Homme, and Diesel fuel for life but only in the opening, diesels drydown is vastly different.

Other daily colognes this joins in my collection that also fit my fresh and clean criteria are JPG Le Male, Acqua di Gio, Guerlain Vetiver, and Joe Malone Vetiver.

It's a very nice and clean scent that will have you feeling good all morning. It becomes a body scent after about 4 hours with moderate sillage using 4 sprays, and a contact scent by the end of the day. The drydown is predictable and some what 2 dimensional but it's pleasing none the less.

The only downside is that it's only sold by Dillards, and the bottle cap can easily depress the spray head when putting it back on, causing it to spray inside the cap and wasting your scent as well as over powering your bathroom.

The purchase price was a reasonable $80 as a large sized bottle gift pack with shower gel and 3 travel sprayers already filled.
04th May, 2013

Add your review of Riviera

Shop for Riviera products online

Shop for Riviera at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Riviera

Member images of Riviera

There are no member images of Riviera yet. Why not be the first?