Arrogant (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseEnglish Laundry
PerfumerChristopher Wicks

About Arrogant

Arrogant is a masculine fragrance by English Laundry. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Wicks

Arrogant fragrance notes

Reviews of Arrogant

I really like this. It's like a combination of Le Male, Realities, and CK Be. Or maybe I have the combination wrong, but it does have familiar DNA. I get a nice dose of neroli in the opening that isn't listed in the notes.

I feel like I shouldn't like this fragrance, but yet I do. It's like a more fresh Le Male (and probably done better than JPG could do) in the grand scheme of things.
18th February, 2020
Smells like sweet, powdery, clean soap. Very pleasant but I'm going with neutral because it's just nice, not something I want to wear.

I've seen comparisons to JPG LeMale and Gendarme. I get the LeMale comparison, it is similar. Gendarme only compares in that it also has a clean soap smell, but that's it.

Projection is good, doesn't fill a room but can get noticed in passing. Longevity is excellent, lasts all day and into the night.

03rd May, 2017 (last edited: 04th May, 2017)
British Laundry's Arrogant is a tricky little beast. It comes off very unique with an almost fiber optic presence. It stays on you strong but inoffensively. It is the closest fragrance I know of to love and infatuation and is memorable in a very strange way. Underneath the sweet, soapy and relaxed aroma is something odd. I don't want to elaborate too much, but I will say that this cologne opens up the imagination and summons some very interesting auras. It quite effectively introduces some form of heart break and bittersweet longing into the otherwise non-threatening veneer. I give it points for being highly curious and understated. Not for every taste, I'm sure.
23rd March, 2016
Panic Show all reviews
My boyfriend is a pretty no-frills kind of guy. Tall, lanky, long hair, rugged and outdoorsy. But he knows I have a thing for colognes and perfumes. So we went to the fragrance counter and keeping in mind that he hates citrus scents and patchouli, we set out to find something woodsy, a little spicy, and that wouldn't overpower the natural scent of his skin.

I loved this one on him. It's clean without being "freshly scrubbed", a tiny bit soapy while still obviously a fragrance, and it didn't have any of the notes he generally detests shout at him.

I like musk. amber and sandalwood, and that's what the dry-down leaves on his skin. It lasts a good while, and when he moves I can pick out little puffs of it, and it's lovely. The musk, amber and sandalwood have a more masculine emphasis than other scents with the same notes listed.

If I could get him to wear this all the time, I would. (He's a "special occasion" kind of guy.)

I know this has gotten some bad reviews, but I honestly like it on him, and I'm fairly picky.
21st November, 2015
Smells very identical to Signature by the same company and launched in the same year.

Interestingly enough, the notes are identical except this is missing lemon, nutmeg and vetiver.

Not sure what the point is, but basically one is a flanker of the other.

We don't need another Le Male wannabe...though it is much nicer than Le Male.
06th October, 2015
Opening reminds me of Polo Black, but much more synthetic. Lavender takes over and dominates throughout the rest of duration. Not a very high quality version of a common theme.
14th July, 2015

Add your review of Arrogant

Shop for Arrogant products online

Shop for Arrogant at online perfumeries

English Laundry Arrogant M 100ml Boxed

ARROGANT BY ENGLISH LAUNDRY FOR MEN EDP SPRAY 0.68 OZ NEW UNBOX AS SHOWN

$7.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 17:45:28 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

English Laundry Arrogant Sample 10ml -Free Shipping & Surprise Sample Included!

End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 19:22:29 PDT

Arrogant by ENGLISH LAUNDRY Eau De Toilette VAPORISATEUR NATURALSpray, 3.4 oz

End Date: Friday Apr-3-2020 11:45:12 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

English Laundry Arrogant Eau de Toilette, 0.68 fl.oz.

End Date: Friday Apr-3-2020 22:34:06 PDT

English Laundry Arrogant 3.4 Oz Eau De Toilette by English Laundry NEW Box Men

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 18:14:06 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $40.50

Member images of Arrogant

There are no member images of Arrogant yet. Why not be the first?