Indonesian Oud (2012)

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Indonesian Oud

Indonesian Oud is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Indonesian Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Indonesian Oud

On first spray I get a beautiful wet red rose with a very nice plush well behaved Oud. It's very smooth and a little medicinal in places but it does smell very posh.

The patchouli is there behind the rose giving it a slight earthiness and a the amber just lends a tad sweetness to the affair.

All in all one of the better Oud/Rose combo's I have smelled.

Very nice indeed!
27th November, 2015
Recently, I got a sample of this wonderful potion at a local Bloomingdale's. I admit, I am new to the oud fragrance thing, but I must say there is a really nice, firm, continually comforting quality to this one by Zegna. It lasted on me all day long, and it was comparable to the other oud scents also on the counter at the store. Highly recommended.
02nd November, 2015
I hardly think there’s anything Indonesian here, but there’s surely a ton of oud. Synthetic to the bone with very little effort (or skills, or budget) to hide it, but it’s there, and it’s nearly the only thing I smell, paired with a subtle but consistent dark musky rose nuance, and some really sharp, bitter herbal patchouli, which took me some time to detect as it blends really well with the smokier-earthier side of oud. An odd, but quite well-fitting touch of bergamot floats around during the opening phase. Most of all it’s oud though. And it’s, well, a really ordinary, dry, extremely linear, a bit cheap oud note – the only interesting nuance being a sort of alcoholic-liquorish nuance. Nothing animalic or “fecal”, on the opposite it’s a woody-medicinal, smooth and polished note as in most of low/mid-range Western oud scents (from Montale down to Ferrari Oud), with a tar-like vibe reminding me of L’aigle de la Victoire by Rancé, and something similar to a touch of saffron. Quite artificial and flat, but fairly pleasant and unpretentiously classy. I appreciate the general “tone” in particular; despite being a dark scent with some potentially heavy notes, it smells actually really discreet and mannered. Just a bit too dry and linear for my tastes, and a bit cheap too as I said. Overall, aside from personal feelings, I would consider Indonesian Oud a decent fragrance which isn’t really worthy the crazy retail price, but may work nicely as a cheap everyday oud scent if you get it as a gift or stumble upon a (really) good deal.

6,5/10
07th September, 2015
oud and rose with heavy duty sillage and beast mode duration!
30th July, 2015
Indonesian Oud by Zegna Essenze is different from any other oud I've tried. When applied lightly it is a very pleasant one. It has character, sings its own tune, imparts a difference to whoever might wear it. There is a tartness that I haven't seen in other oud fragrances, but the fragrance is excellent nonetheless. The notes listed are limited to: bergamot, amber, oud, patchouli, rose. I think I smell all of these notes. The aroma is sharp and medicinal with a warm leather note in the base. The bergamot - a Zegna trademark, adds a sangria tartness to the amber oud character while a hint of rose gives some warmth to the patchouli / oud leather aroma in the base of this fragrance. This is enjoyable but the intensity is either too strong at first, or too short lasting depending on the spray volume. If you spray less due to its strength, you lose some longevity. Best to go easy on the throttle with this bad boy and then refresh later if needed. My rating for Indonesian Oud is 3 / 5 stars and comes with a solid recommendation.
22nd May, 2015
True to the house aesthetics, this oud bandwagon cruises along the same clean linear path taken by the rest of the Essenze line. Which could easily be disappointing for anyone whose preferred oud style is on the more animalic end of the spectrum. Luckily I'm not one of them, favoring casual wearability over the intensely meditative facets of certain oud blends.

Rose-oud-patchouli combination is probably as cliched as they get. But what makes this version wonderful is the sophisticated aura it creates, with barely-there hints of rose amidst the animalic purr of the oud. If Armani Prive Rose d'Arabie is sung in beautiful soprano, Zegna Indonesian Oud is a seductive hum in baritone.
27th April, 2015

Add your review of Indonesian Oud

Shop for Indonesian Oud products online

Shop for Indonesian Oud at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Indonesian Oud

Member images of Indonesian Oud

There are no member images of Indonesian Oud yet. Why not be the first?