Indonesian Oud (2012)

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Indonesian Oud

Indonesian Oud is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Indonesian Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Indonesian Oud

Smells expensive and thick
06th September, 2016
A good standard commercial oud. Which it should be, given the price point. Built to the same excellent level as the rest of the line, my only issue is that I can replicate the scent and duration with quite a few of the middle eastern offerings out there. That said, there is no absence of quality, rather it is as pure and simplistic as you can get yet shrouded in a nice suit. It fits.
26th July, 2016
On first spray I get a beautiful wet red rose with a very nice plush well behaved Oud. It's very smooth and a little medicinal in places but it does smell very posh.

The patchouli is there behind the rose giving it a slight earthiness and a the amber just lends a tad sweetness to the affair.

All in all one of the better Oud/Rose combo's I have smelled.

Very nice indeed!
27th November, 2015
Recently, I got a sample of this wonderful potion at a local Bloomingdale's. I admit, I am new to the oud fragrance thing, but I must say there is a really nice, firm, continually comforting quality to this one by Zegna. It lasted on me all day long, and it was comparable to the other oud scents also on the counter at the store. Highly recommended.
02nd November, 2015
I hardly think there’s anything Indonesian here, but there’s surely a ton of oud. Synthetic to the bone with very little effort (or skills, or budget) to hide it, but it’s there, and it’s nearly the only thing I smell, paired with a subtle but consistent dark musky rose nuance, and some really sharp, bitter herbal patchouli, which took me some time to detect as it blends really well with the smokier-earthier side of oud. An odd, but quite well-fitting touch of bergamot floats around during the opening phase. Most of all it’s oud though. And it’s, well, a really ordinary, dry, extremely linear, a bit cheap oud note – the only interesting nuance being a sort of alcoholic-liquorish nuance. Nothing animalic or “fecal”, on the opposite it’s a woody-medicinal, smooth and polished note as in most of low/mid-range Western oud scents (from Montale down to Ferrari Oud), with a tar-like vibe reminding me of L’aigle de la Victoire by Rancé, and something similar to a touch of saffron. Quite artificial and flat, but fairly pleasant and unpretentiously classy. I appreciate the general “tone” in particular; despite being a dark scent with some potentially heavy notes, it smells actually really discreet and mannered. Just a bit too dry and linear for my tastes, and a bit cheap too as I said. Overall, aside from personal feelings, I would consider Indonesian Oud a decent fragrance which isn’t really worthy the crazy retail price, but may work nicely as a cheap everyday oud scent if you get it as a gift or stumble upon a (really) good deal.

6,5/10
07th September, 2015
oud and rose with heavy duty sillage and beast mode duration!
30th July, 2015

Add your review of Indonesian Oud

Shop for Indonesian Oud products online

Search Amazon for Indonesian Oud

Member images of Indonesian Oud

There are no member images of Indonesian Oud yet. Why not be the first?