Javanese Patchouli (2012)

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
PerfumerFrank Voelkl
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Javanese Patchouli

Javanese Patchouli is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Frank Voelkl

Javanese Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Javanese Patchouli

A nice clean patchouli scent with hints of wood and spices. Similar to The Art of Shavings Oud Suede. It feels like it should have Oud / Agarwood in it... It isn't very strong nor long lasting. Overall it is a winner. Nice quality. Doesn't smell synthetic to my nose. It is on the expensive side considering the longevity and sillage. A try before you buy for sure. Enjoy!
28th July, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
On my skin, the opening heralds the patchouli right from the beginning - at least the name is not making any false promises here. The patchouli is soft and devoid if any harshness- this is no Purple Patchouli.

Soon a non-specific woodsy undertone emerges, accompanied by a soft white pepper, which is very mild and has a sweetish character; the latter is morphing into a vanilla note with a sweetness that remains until the end. During the last hour is takes on a pleasantly campherous aroma, with the wood turning into a cedar impression towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and seven hours in longevity on my skin. 3.25/5.

A nice autumnal creation, this is a domesticated patchouli without rough edges, a bit monochrome at times but very well blended. 3.25/5.
09th July, 2017
This patchouli reminds me of clothing and wet earth or a wet wood deck. It seems formal and restrained enough for office use and no "hippy" stereotypes appear when wearing it. There is a little pepper and some sweetness of tonka to balance the woods. This is even more earthy than Diptyque Philosykos.
29th April, 2017
This fragrance really got me the first time I smelled it. I first tested Javanese Patchouli where I used to buy all my fragrances, at the duty free shop in the airport wasting time before I catch a flight. Wandering around and just smelling the usual suspects they have at these shops I found this in a bit out of the way corner of the store and of everything I smelled, this really stood out.

I remember first smelling the scent of patchouli wafting around the sidewalks in Haight Ashbury San Fransisco where the bohemian culture thrives, this reminds me of those scents and I like that.

J.P. is clean, with very clear woody patchouli notes throughout, I detect slight citrus and pepper in the opening with the woods emerging a bit in the dry down.

In the day of safe gourmand metrosexual scents J.P. is a great change of pace for my nose.

I have quite a few patchouli dominated scents and this is my favorite, I can wear it with a suit to change things up as it’s not a sillage beast, my only small complaint is the longevity for me as it last about 3 hours on my skin and it’s a bit expensive.

I will buy another backup bottle as I’m not sure this is a popular scent right now and I will always want this in my collection, it’s quite unique.

17th February, 2017
A woody, dry, clean patchouli. Zegna's Essenze line is very impressive and Javanese Patchouli may be the best of the lot. The patch is unmistakable, but it's fresher and more modern paired with the sweet tone of bergamot and a touch of pink pepper dancing through the background.

This could be the quintessential, modern, businessman's scent. A modern day "Madmen" fragrance. Successful in that cunning, slightly perverse kind of way. A definite confidence maker IMO.

Thumbs up and a must have.
01st September, 2016
A veritable alternative to Oud Palao. No oud in this but very close to OP that seems to not be able to make up its mind if it is an oud scent or patch scent.
Clean and modern without giving up any bite. I can easily wear this out in public without drawing unnecessary attention but rather all the right attention. The citrus notes on top create a wonderful juxtaposition to the patch, constantly reminding you of its presence without needing to resort to heaviness. Wonderfully done.
26th July, 2016

Add your review of Javanese Patchouli

Shop for Javanese Patchouli products online

Search Amazon for Javanese Patchouli

Member images of Javanese Patchouli

There are no member images of Javanese Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?