• Launched: 2013
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Shop for La Fille De Berlin products online

Reviews of La Fille De Berlin

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

An unexceptional showing from this house which is capable of much daring. A middle-of-the-road rose with some wet, peony-like accents, a waft of geranium, a touch of pith and stem, and discreet spice. Easy to wear but one is surprised by the sheer averageness of it. Its most appealing quality is a somewhat mature air (a pretty old fille to my nose) and disregard for freshness.

05 February, 2014

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A weird indolic dark/spicy rose for us. The rose is red and intense, peppery and finally pungent. Is a bit like inaling the aroma emerging from crushed red petals. I detect hints of lime or bergamot, grass and may be carnation. Supremely floral with a final almost stale floral miasm rising from the skin and an almost off putting initial lymphatic grassiness with a simil-metallic type of vibe (something really too much for me, conjuring me slightly some glue or a sort of xerox-toner twist a la Odeur 71). La Fille de Berlin is realistic, enigmatic and minimalist (temperaments i really appreciate) but is also wild, too much wild and crude for my full pleasure. Good longevity and powerful projection on my skin.

09 December, 2013

drseid's avatar
    drseid

An Outstanding Rose Composition...

La Fille de Berlin opens with a jammy red rose with just the faintest hints of an underlying black pepper and high quality soap tandem in support. As the fragrance enters the early heart phase the starring rose continues to grow in intensity as the mild soapy undertone remains. During the late dry-down the rose finally begins to fade as a sheen of fine powdery violet joins as co-star quite late. Projection is outstanding early in particular and longevity is on the high side of average at 8-10 hours on skin.

While many call La Fille de Berlin a "peppery rose," I view this composition more a linear rose soliflore through the mid phase with a powdery violet driven finish. The rose is full, "feminine" and voluptuous while the supporting soapy undertone does not get in the way of the rose like in so many other rose compositions (here's looking at *you* Une Rose Vermeille and Briar Rose), instead providing further depth. As the rose fades late, powdery violet from the base adds a slight twist to the otherwise minimalist linear composition. The bottom line is La Fille de Berlin is an absolutely captivating (near) rose soliflore that ranks right with the best of a crowded field. It may not break any new ground, but it smells absolutely incredible and that is more important. As this rose presentation leans to the "feminine" side of the spectrum it might be better suited to a lady, but quite frankly it smells so good I think I will be buying a bottle for myself (and wearing it). The $120 per 50ml bottle La Fille de Berlin earns a well-deserved "excellent" 4 stars out of 5 and is highly recommended if you love rose-focused compositions as I do.

Pros: The rose here is one of the best presentations of the note I have sniffed to date.
    Cons: The composition is relatively linear (but to me that is really not a con).

02 June, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

I love it, opens up like shampoo rose, i have smelled once in a perfume where i think natural ingredients are beeing used, so this must be quality rose absolute in there, the drydown is beautiful Moroccan rose, it smells like rose petals. Nice dry down and longevity. I like it! For rose lovers...its fresh little sweet and reminded me of Miss Charming rose, but better, more opulent rose

19 April, 2013

muskymoi's avatar
    muskymoi

A little bit Rose Rebelle by a Lab on Fire and a little bit Cafe Rose by Tom Ford. Not very original in the notes but SL has a way of blending them in a way that no one else does...very nice indeed. Nice sillage on this one. Stays put most of the day on me.

21st March, 2013

yellow_cello's avatar
    yellow_cello

A plush, velvety, crimson jammy rose, underscored with metallic-blood like notes that I assume represent the thorns. Unfortunately, I personally don't like the thorny aspect of the fragrance, so it's not for me. But I think it's a great portrayal of the rose with all it's aspects - beautiful, feminine (though definitely wearable by a man - I'd love to smell it on a guy), sensual and dangerous. Oh, and the colour of the juice is sooooo beautiful!

17 March, 2013