La Fille de Berlin (2013)
by Serge Lutens

La Fille de Berlin information

Year of Launch2013

HouseSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About La Fille de Berlin

La Fille de Berlin is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2013

La Fille de Berlin fragrance notes

Reviews of La Fille de Berlin

Eos Show all reviews
La Fille de Berlin opens with a lush cascade of velvety soft rose petals. The smell is heady, voluptuous and warm. As it settles the effect reminds me of watching a time lapse video of roses sitting in a vase without water to sustain them. As time rolls on, the lushness disappears, both rose and perfume dry out, the texture becomes less soft and just a touch more brittle.

The dry down of La Fille de Berlin on my skin is still very rosey, but there is a hint of salt, a bit of citrus and cedar and the warmth of an indistinct spice. Hours later, what remains is a citrusy rose and a soft, clean smelling musk. I can see where people are coming from when they say it reminds them of shampoo or soap, although it doesn't quite enter that territory for me.

I think this could have been love for me if the top notes had been able to sustain themselves and retain that lush, sensual aspect that many of us find so appealing in rose scents. As it is, it's not a must have for my specific preferences.
29th October, 2015
Salutation.

LA FILLE DE BERLIN is a mildly seductive scent that keeps you feeling so feminine and sexy throught the day or evening.a great new scent of SERGE LUTENS.the scents remains noticeable for several hours.it is strong enough to last the whole day and sophisticated enough seem appropriate for a dinner date.i simply adore the rose notes.the scent of roses is sweet and subtle with rich undertones.i simply adore it as it is not overpoweringly sweet and you always feel it is a very romantic scent. Sensual,Rich, Spicy,Elegant, Emotively Romantic and Obviously Feminine.

LA FILLE DE BERLIN highlights the graceful rose prelude variation,foiled in pepper and cirus for a natural feel to convey a pastel rendition of elegant femininity.this scents is exceptionally versatile that you can wear either day or night.a sensul and chrming fragrance suitable for women of all ages.you wear it when wanting tobe romantic.If you are looking for a fragrance on a budget that will get you noticed and draw many compliments from friends I would recommend this fragrance strongly.

Sillge?Ok.

Longevity?Above Average on my skin.

01st June, 2015
This fragrance breaks my own rules – I avoid most rose fragrances and I strongly despise violet notes: In spite of that, I actually enjoy this violet / rose EDP. Usually rose notes over-power everything else in a fragrance for me; but the La Fille de Berlin rose comes across as restrained and sophisticated – more of a symbolic metallic rose than the kind of rose notes I am accustomed to finding in many of the usual rose offerings. This soapy rose IS strong enough to overpower the citrus and pepper notes, but having citrus and pepper overpowered is normal for me. The La Fille de Berlin metallic rose is one that I actually enjoy and am willing to wear. I'm excited that the violet note in La Fille de Berlin doesn’t disgust me as violet usually does. Here the violet note is responsible for providing that compelling metallic edge to the restrained rose accord. Technically this is a fragrance that I should hate, but I don’t... I've actually purchased it.
22nd February, 2015 (last edited: 25th April, 2015)
Serge Lutens has NEVER let me down, I am a huge fan of his fragrances. La Fille de Berlin is a delicious rose, pepper fragrance that I enjoy very much. The first spray is a bouquet of soft roses. The dry down is mixed spices and I can smell the rose in the back. The rose is not overpowering at all, which makes it suitable for men as well. It lasts a long time on my skin. I would wear it in cool weather at night. Beautiful!
05th February, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A splendid Otto rose is at the heart of this composition. It is not dark but is is rich and intensive -no lightweight - albeit on the brighter side. It's main accompaniment is initially a slightly sharp acidic compinent, that is soon replaced a peppery spice note, a touch of darkness that blends in very well with the rose. At times other floral notes appear transiently, and towards the end green rose-stem undertones appear, but the rose always reigns supreme. Good quality ingredients are blended very well without losing structure; this is important as otherwise it might become a very monochromatic scent.

The whose concept is not particularly original but well executed. The performance is very good, with moderate sillage, excellent projection and over seven hours of longevity on my skin. Great for late spring and early summer. 3.75/5
28th January, 2015
Sort of interesting - it reminds me of a perfume that would have smelled classy in the 50s, cheap in the 80's, and like a weird throwback today.

It's got those 80's pump-hairspray aldehydes that really haven't aged well over a decent rose, lightly dewy and green, but with a rather cheap-smelling strawberry buzzing along on top with that hairspray smell. Given time, it gets lightly powdery, and later ends up on a nice but subtle sandalwood and patchouli base. Unfortunately, that regrettable strawberry never really goes away, and that hairspray note ends up as a sort of hot office printer smell that hovers way past its welcome.

I have a soft spot for new perfumes that toy with classic recipes, so La Fille De Berlin gets a neutral vote instead of a thumbs down, but I don't have much interest in wearing this more.
20th January, 2015

Add your review of La Fille de Berlin

Shop for La Fille de Berlin products online

Shop for La Fille de Berlin at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for La Fille de Berlin

Member images of La Fille de Berlin

There are no member images of La Fille de Berlin yet. Why not be the first?