Bentley for Men Intense (2013)
by Bentley

Bentley for Men Intense information

Year of Launch2013

HouseBentley
PerfumerNathalie Lorson
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance

About Bentley for Men Intense

Bentley for Men Intense is a masculine fragrance by Bentley. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nathalie Lorson

Bentley for Men Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Bentley for Men Intense

Bentley for Men intense is ridicolously good. Breathtakingly good, the kind of good which makes you feel there’s still hope for perfumery – both niche and designer, as Intense easily stands above most of both – and it is somehow rooted into both. As other reviewers noted in fact, it brilliantly takes its inspiration from Idole de Lubin for all the exotic boozy-woody stuff, a couple of Tauer perfumes (I strongly agree with L’air du Désert Marocain reference in particular, I clearly smell almost the exact same base of tasty spicy ambroxan for a while), and Amouage’s Jubilation XXV. I would also add Gucci pour Homme I, not because of the notes (even if I get some subtle similarities) but because of a sort of common ground of dark, breezy and understated woody-incense elegance which so far, basically only Gucci pour Homme I itself was able to express at its best – and now, Bentley does it too. Intense is decidedly darker, though: it’s boozy, peppery and leathery with a genius aromatic breeze of greenish, fougère-like notes of bay leaves and a hint of cocoa-like patchouli (think Lutens’ Borneo 1834), but as for many fragrances by Nathalie Lorson, showing an irresistible sort of dusty, weightless resinous-talc texture making it smell discreet, warm, slightly sweet and extremely sophisticated. Also slightly fruity too.

And for once, the “concept” and the skills of the nose are supported by a decent budget, as this smells clearly a great quality fragrance also from the point of view of the materials. It is rich (despite being unobtrusively “thin”), deep, vibrant, it has a brilliant evolution from the sharp boozy-leathery-patchouli opening (the leather in particular is really good here for me – Amouage-like, again) to a fantastic amber-incense drydown with sweet echoes of benzoin, leather and talc. It is really mannered and refined, at the same time totally safe and versatile, almost close to skin as a proper classy scent should wear, but long lasting. My expectations were quite high given the praise by a couple of “key” reviewers for me, but it easily surpassed them, and I think Bentley and Firmenich couldn’t really do better than this. Well to cut it short I can’t say better what other reviewers already said – this is easily one of the very best fragrances of the last decade, period. Apparently the prices dropped as I paid 40 eur/100 ml on a French website, and that’s a steal for such a great fragrance.

8,5-9/10
25th June, 2015
I was really prepared to like this. I love bay rum and liked the notes pyramid listed here. However, after multiple wearings, it was just too cloying for me--and somehow the geranium had a strange presence that I didn't care for. I appreciated the top and base notes, but the middle was too saccharine sweet on my skin. Felt like it needed less sweet and more sweat (if that makes sense), to make it a fragrance I could really wear often. Nothing really bad or offensive with this one. Just not my cup of tea.
21st June, 2015 (last edited: 15th July, 2015)
Bentley Intense is like a cross between Lubin Idole and LADDM with a touch of Amouage Jubilation. It's definately not as heavy or dense as any of the above. Intense is more aromatic. This doesn't smell cheap or overly synthetic by any means. The nose behind this should put that observation to rest. The opening is decent, but the real payoff comes in the dry down which is where a good scent shines and those that want to be a good fragrance fails. This is definately a winner and one that should be picked up at what is now rock bottom prices.
14th May, 2015
I can't bring myself to think of this as a 'car' fragrance: they are invariably mediocre. I prefer, therefore, to associate this estimable scent not with the Bentley of automotive renown, but with Edmund Clerihew Bentley, creator of the poetic form which stands at the apex of our literary canon: the Clerihew.

The rules of the Clerihew are simple: single stanza, four lines; two couplets; erratic scansion; biographical in subject matter.

Ergo,

Nathalie Lorson
Has done much worse than
This frankincense demerara fog.
Encre Noir was a dog.

20th April, 2015 (last edited: 24th April, 2015)
bigbz Show all reviews
Bentley Intense-not nearly as "mature" smelling as I had invisioned this one being. Alluring and unique woody, sweet, boozy, resinous smell. Good projection and very long lasting. Not my style, but definitely respect this one....Ms. Lorson's creations rarely disappoint. Hard to find a much more rich and luxurious smell at this price point IMHO.

28th January, 2015
Really?

Smells like powdery plastic berries, woods and incense. A wannabe Jubilation XXV, try harder. If this is considered the better of the 2 original releases, then I don't even wanna try Bentley for Men.
20th December, 2014

Add your review of Bentley for Men Intense

Shop for Bentley for Men Intense products online

Shop for Bentley for Men Intense at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bentley for Men Intense

Member images of Bentley for Men Intense

There are no member images of Bentley for Men Intense yet. Why not be the first?