Eau de Narcisse Bleu (2013)
by Hermès

Eau de Narcisse Bleu information

Year of Launch2013

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Eau de Narcisse Bleu

Eau de Narcisse Bleu is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Eau de Narcisse Bleu fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau de Narcisse Bleu

I am soon finishing my bottle of EdNB and I thought that it is about time to review it. Since I have kept wearing this although my partner cannot stand it (so I don't wear it around him) I must like it. It is true but not entirely. To me the initial blast is too much and I don't enjoy it but I find it inescapable to over-apply because otherwise EdNB just vanishes after a short time ... or I become anosmic to it. Nevertheless, I don't recommend using EdNB as a body mist as I have been doing. After an hour or two EdNB turns into a very soapy composition that reminds me of Eau de Neroli by Chloe which I owned and liked a few years ago. So, maybe in truth I don't really like EdNB but the interpretation to my nose and brain of a certain element that may not even exist in EdNB. Overall, it is for me a feel-good floral, certainly unisex, with a certain old-school vibe. Mr Elena's eaux for Hermes have been groundbreaking marketing but not olfactory-wise. This said, my favorites are still Eau de pamplemousse rose, and Eau d'orange verte.
11th November, 2017
For the first half-hour, this is an aldehydic citrus, with the "off" note that I get from certain aldehydes. After this, it settles into an accord of spring florals, but for me it's not specifically narcissus. And then two hours in, it morphs into a powdery oriental, with a distinctly resinous labdanum-opoponax base. The projection is low, and twelve hours in there's just a trace of soft florals remaining.
I was expecting something cold here, a bracing breath of early spring, but the narcissus eluded me, & although I enjoy a powdery oriental, this one was just "meh" for me.
15th May, 2017
A very cold floral sensation, great on hotter days and very easy to wear for mature men. Very elegant because the ingredients seem upper quality abd well balanced
12th June, 2015
Without a doubt this is the DRIEST floral I've encountered. I think it is an amazing, haunting scent. It reminds me of the style of Eau de Gentiane Blanche, in that they each have a very dry, mineral-earth component. Starts with a bracing citrus chord. At times, the narcissus note reminds me of violet leaf. The scent is ghostly, silvery and quite intriguing.
15th March, 2015
The boring brother of Eau de Gentiane Blanche.
15th February, 2015
Ellena translates as ‘The Greek’ in English. Should Jean Claude aspire to being King of Hellena, by virtue of a Mediterranean ancestor, I would be a loyal subject.

Greek Mythology fascinated my Father, a man whose further education was shattered by WWII during the bombing of London. He became an armchair academic instead and we listened to radio stories before the advent of television, the childrens’ bathed bodies in pyjamas, sitting on the hard bare-boarded floor that was barely covered by an old hessian rug. We ate toast and tomato, or crumpets and jam for supper, as tales of Pegasus, Cyclops, and Narcissus, cadenced by melliflous British voices, shapeshifted in our imaginations.

Eau Narcisse Bleu,well, the clues are in the name.

Narcissus, a young man blessed with unsurpassable beauty spurned male and female alike. He and his Mother, Liriope, gave their names to naturalising bulbs of great charm, the trumpet flowers of daffodils and earlicheer and the Grape Hyacinth.

Using today’s parlance Narcissus was stalked by Echo, a single white female, who, under the spell of an angry Hera, could only repeat his uneasy call of ‘Who is There? She was therefore incapable of captivating Narcissus with scintillating conversation. She faded away, (anorexic probably) from unrequited love and only her echo remained in the glades of their sylvan abode.

Narcissus came upon a glistening pond where the water reflected not only the azure sky but the plumage of birds on the wing and overhanging trees. He stooped at the waters edge and saw his one true love, a creature so perfect he fell in love, truly, madly deeply, with himself. Unable to tear himself away Narcissus pined away until his soul left his body. The search party found only a nodding daffodil growing at the edge of the pool.

The perfume is a homage to Ovid's story in my opinion. The elements of sylvan glade, water, blue sky and the slight scent of Narcissus are present. Voila.

To wear it successfully you will need garments without any laundry detergent scent residue left in them and unperfumed soap and body lotion for your toilette. It is quite fleeting and is easily drowned out. Edmond Roudnitska, at his doorway in Grasse, shouted at a very young Jean Claude Ellena to 'go home and not come back' until his (trademark) white shirt carried no smell of soap. Roudnitska set Ellena the discipline of an unperfumed life; to this day Ellena eschews fragrance on his person.

Not being such a sensitive nose, I prefer my other JCE fragrances, Kelly Caleche, Apres La Mousson, Claire des Merveilles etc and my husband and son are devoted to Terre D'Hermes.
16th October, 2014

Add your review of Eau de Narcisse Bleu

Shop for Eau de Narcisse Bleu products online

Search Amazon for Eau de Narcisse Bleu

Member images of Eau de Narcisse Bleu

There are no member images of Eau de Narcisse Bleu yet. Why not be the first?

Eau de Narcisse Bleu News